Sunday, June 24, 2007

And...

...he's not ready for a relationship (he says). Yup...what I thought had such promise has already crashed and burned.

I've been placed on a moratorium (by Erica) for a month: no guys/no crushes/nothing.

My friend Rod yesterday tried to tell me that a) I'm still not over Justin (not true) and that b) I like anyone who's nice to me and will sleep with me. Wow. That was nice, eh? It made me feel like I'm sort of a whore.

I'm not a whore. Maybe I've been a bit overboard lately (aka since November), but I'm not a whore.

And I really like(d) this guy. He wasn't a distraction to get over Justin. I like "R" for who he is and really did feel there was something there. Or, that there could be. Again, my feelings tend to get hot much faster than others (apparently).

And, as far as "break ups" go, this was the nicest/kindest, most civil, least asshole-ish I've ever had...thus far in my 29 years. He keeps waiting for me to be mad at him.

That might happen in a month or so...it did take me a while to be mad at Justin, remember...

Anyway...so, it's finito. At Mark and Katrina's wedding last night...I had large moments of self-pity. It's really hard to be around a TON of people who are coupled up (most of the high school folks that Mark and I know from BHS are married. Many have kids...meanwhile most of Katrina's friends have been dating their sig others for eons. Not a lot of singletons in either group) when you're single and particularly after you just were dumped.

Argh...so, that's it. I guess now I can fully concentrate on planning for the fall. Whee?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww that's too bad.

Unknown said...

Oh Amy. I'm sorry to hear about that. Take 'er easy ok?

AlmstHvn said...

*hugs* I'm popping around my old friends lists and realized - eep! I haven't visited in awhile!

I recommend a tub of your favorite ice cream and that month break.

You're a terrific person - take a wee break and let your heart and spirit heal. *hugs*

ThursdayNext said...

Amy ~ Clearly this guy may have been nice, but he was not the brightest crayon in the box. If he isnt ready to be serious with you, he has a low IQ. You will find your prince...kissing frogs sucks in the meantime.

C.C. said...

Amy, I am so sorry! I have been MIA lately and am just catching up today.

I agree with the ice cream and a month break. Maybe you need some time to be alone before you can jump into a relationship.

I TOTALLY am sympathetic to the wedding/couples/no singles thing! Seriously, I think I am the only girl on the planet with out a Guy right now! And many of the marrieds and couples tend to not let you forget it or pity you as well. At least in my experience.

Tangent...sorry. I hope you are doing well. You have a lot to be thankful for my friend! A great job to look forward to in the fall and new adventures and lots of friends who support you! That glass is hald full from where I am standing. meeting a great guy who wants a commitment will just be the icing on the cake!:)

Hugs!!