Friday, July 06, 2007

It's Hot

So, I went for a walk today. I had been on a daily walking thing right up till Jen's wedding. Then, the wedding hit and the debauchery reached a peak, and then...nothing.

I have to admit to a large number of pity parties, population: one that have been thrown since the end of "R" and I.

Urggg...the sweat is dripping down my neck to the small of my back. I hate that. But, it was nice to have my lil mp3 player along for the jaunt.

Speaking of music--2 of my coolest friends, Wiccachicky and Erica have sent me cds this summer. Wiccachicky sent me 5: Amy Winehouse, Tyler Hilton, Marroon 5, San Fran Mix and Counting Crows live. Erica just sent me The Fray and Lily Allen. Hooray! I LOVE new music. I'm trying to score copies of Breaking Benjamin, Silversunpickups, Evanessence, Sick Puppies and any 311 is always good (gotta represent yo).

My night owl-ness is back to it's peak again. I was up till 3 reading. And, not anything for school, but Stephanie Plum 12. I'm waiting to read 13, very impatiently. I'm also impatiently waiting for the latest Harry Potter book. Once that arrives I'm sure I'll be singularly focused.

I'm trying to get organized and have ideas for this next school year. I'm frustrated because I only have vague ideas of what I want and how I want things to be done. Bleagh! I need to figure this shit out & quick! Question: if they have a block schedule, 4 period, is it insane of me to figure they a) should have no problem getting to their locker and so then b) I won't allow them to go if they don't have something with them? Is that too much like a dictatorship?

Ugg, I'm going to need to get into the shower soon. On that note, I'll leave you. I'm going to try to post more frequently, but I can't promise anything...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for that book to arrive myself :D

Unknown said...

It's been insanely hot around here too. A little too hot for me...

C.C. said...

Ahh the final Harry Potter. The anticipation is KILLING ME!!! I can't wait. I hope it all I expect and nothing that I dread.

That sounds like some great music!! I really have been bad lately. I have been reverting back to classic rock and older music lately b/c i have been busy making mixes for my sister's Party. She turned 50 and we are having a huge bash. I am music/bartender so I figured make a bunch of mixes throw them in and let 'em run. Maybe I will pick a few of those and send them your way...:)