Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ever had one of those awkward moments?

Yeah, really? Me too. I had a few last night...

On the night of my friend Katrina's bday (a few wknds ago)--I got pretty furschnickered and had to have guy (yes, he of making out fame) come get me from the bar. I had told him earlier in the night that if he needed someone to drive him home (he'd already been drinking earlier in the day b/c of college football), to give me a call b/c I wasn't planning on drinking. Hah! Funny, huh? Well actually the first semi-awkward moment involving Young'En was that night. Young'En is a friend of Katrina's from high school. His is thussly named b/c he is the same age as my lil bro, Jared. Which is more of a psychological thing than anything...Anyway...

I was talking with Young'En (after 4 captain'n'cokes), well and flirting too, and when the bar closed we were in the process of exchanging phone numbers when guy showed up to pick up my drunk ass. Oopsie. So, one of Young'Ens other friends played wing-girl for me and distracted guy while I was doing the phone number exchange.

So, I didn't hear from Young'En for about a week or so. And, things were really darn fun w/ guy so I wasn't really concerned (truth be told--I'm not much of a man juggler. I can only handle one at a time no matter what the circumstance of the handling is...).

THEN...Thanksgiving night, I get a call from Young'En. Well, ok, a voicemail, b/c the phone was off b/c the battery was dead and then I discovered that the phone was GONE, lost forever in the state of Iowa, in the middle of nowhere at a gas station we call the Four Corners (not its actual name). Apparently a bunch of people were going out to drink b/c no one had to work the next day. Sounds like they had trouble finding a place that was open, given the holiday thing and all. So...when I bought a new phone on Friday I called my friend Katrina and got Young'Ens phone number again, so I could call him back. And, I did, and he was at a family Thanksgiving dinner. But, he called yesterday and I went w/ him and 2 friends to a college hockey game last night. Then, afterward we went out to a bar and I drank copious amounts of beer. As did everyone else. Anyway...there was a guy at the bar who kept buying all of us pitchers (yeah, it was a bit weird...he knew everyone from high school, sorta) and uh, he kept referring to Young'En and I as boyfriend and girlfriend. (awkward moment #2) Kept telling Young'En "your girlfriend's fiesty", b/c well, I am when I have beer in me. I got a little free w/ the middle finger last night. But, the real awkward moment was when beer buyer asked Young'En how long we'd been together (b/c he'd been asking everyone else at the table the same), to which Young'En replied "this is our first date". Wow, beer buyer felt really DUMB after that. It was pretty funny. But again, awkward. But, not so bad that it made things turn out poorly on the date. It was a pretty good date. Young'En is super sweet.

We'll see what happens with all this...

Oh, and I emailed Justin in a drunken sadness on Friday night. He wrote back. It was long. :-(




"we are without leeches and wenches!"--Gilmore Girls Season Six.
Wackadoodle

4 comments:

C.C. said...

Well, you have been a busy girl! Go you with the boys! Drunk emailing/dialing is not good, but seems necessary at times!:)

L said...

stop emailing him!!!

i see you are taking my advice to get a new guy-toy. excellent!

i am the QUEEN of awkwardness. its ridiculous. my mister says i can take any situation and make it awkward. its a gift i guess.

Unknown said...

I've done the drunken emailing. Never ends well. I like to hear that you're getting out there having fun!

Webmiztris said...

lol! I also tend to get quite feisty once I get a few beers in me!