I'm trying to decide if my outing with a friend, a guy, last night, could be mistaken for a date. I'm afraid the answer to that posed query is yes. Oh dear...
Here's the thing. My friend is nice. He is a guy. I work with him at my P-T job. He's funny & fun & intelligent. I'm not attracted to him. So, for me, he will always be in the "friends" category. As Chenille in Save the Last Dance says "You can't help who you love, Derek. You're not supposed to". To kinda go along with my last post--I end up falling who guys who seem like nice/good guys. But, then they end up treating me like crap. So I don't have that figured out yet. But, I HAVE figured out that you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone. You either want to make out with them, or not.
ANYWAY...
So, we'd set it up that yesterday after we're both off work, Friend was going to come over and mess with my cable hookup in my bedroom (I couldn't get it figured out, apparently b/c I was having a completely blond moment...it was an easily solved problem)AND also give me a backrub (he'd like to be a massage therapist). He calls & we're both hungry and I manage to wrangle food out of him. However, I was under the impression that he was just going to pick up some food on the way to my house. Oh no. Instead, he picks me up and we go to a yummy, swank Italian restaurant. Our bill was about $60, and I had a glass of wine b/c I wasn't driving. He sprung for strawberry cheesecake too. And yes, he paid the whole bill. Then, we go back to my place, he fixes my cable & then I end up getting a massage that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. Yeah...he worked on my back, arms and legs. Holy crap, I'm sore today b/c apparently my legs were all screwed up. But...man, an hour and a half massage? You don't give someone one of those unless you like them, right?
So, what do I do about this? I hope I haven't been giving off any sort of "I'm interested" impressions to Friend. B/c I don't want to date him and actually I really probably should give the dating thing a rest for awhile. Hmmm...
What do you think? Are my instincts, my suppositions, correct? Or am I being paranoid?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dude - that was a date. Seriously.
Um, I'm with Wicca.
He bought you dinner, (and dessert!) Gave you a massage for 1 1/2 hours and you are not sure if your instincts are right? Girly! He is way into you!
Guys don't do all that for someone who is just a friend/coworker!
I suggest settling this ASAP with him so you don't break his heart...unless there is an inkling that you might be interested, then see where it goes.
Why is it the ones we WANT to do those things for us never do and the ones we DON"T want are always going above and beyond??
You are on a little rollercoaster lately huh?
wow that was a date totally!
I have that much figured out too. I'm not going to force myself to like someone that I don't like. That's my problem too.
We are 2 peas in a pod for sure!!
I'm with Wicca too but I seriously think that to avoid any potential disasters, if you only see him as a friend, you let him know. Outright. You may not be sending signals purposefully but they may be interpreted that way.
it was a date i think. i want to go on a date with him next (for the free massage...)
Post a Comment