Saturday, December 09, 2006

Oww

It's so pathetically sad, but I am HUNGOVER. Yup. And not only that, but I only had 3 drinks last night--a margarita at dinner, and then 2 after the movie.

Yup, another date w/ Young'En last night. We ate mexican food beforehand (yummy), then watched the 9:30 showing of Holiday. Cute movie, very typical chick flick, but cute & sweet & I really liked Cam & Kate's performances. We got out of the theatre at midnight & decided to go to a bar. And, this is where I think that I got tripped up. Young'En paid for the first round & when he ordered, just said 'Rum and coke'--thus garnering me a Bacardi-based drink. Bleagh! I ordered the second round so I could specify 'Capn'n'coke'. I think my body is very anti-Bacardi. So, all today I've had a headache, felt more foggy than normal during class, and have just been feeling yucky in general.

I'm taking a nap after class, fo sho!

Anyway...so the date was good. My only issue was with me. And though I have reservations about even talking about it, I'm going to (b/c maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away, right?).

After our work Xmas party yesterday (which was pretty cool, save some annoying Least Fave CoWorker moments), I felt really emotional and weepy. I made a mini-speech about how I'm leaving at the end of the year and I've really enjoyed working w/ everyone (mostly the truth) and it's going to be hard to leave, etc--so that was emotional. Then later, I had to drive to my hometown for work (we just started a new program there, so I burned a total of 50 miles there & back for something that took less than an hour. Part of the issue was while driving to the hometown was that the quickest route from the office drives by Justin's old house. And his old job. And, I was listening to the BNL Holiday album & cried for a bit on the drive. BUT, I also got pissed off at myself & had some self-talk that sounded like this, "stop fucking wasting your tears on him, it's OVER, he's NOT your boyfriend anymore, and even if he DOES end up moving back here, he doesn't feel the same way about you, so you need to get the FUCK over him, and move ON!"

Problem number two w/ that topic came up during the movie b/c Jack Black is in Holiday and sometimes Jack looks like Justin and vice versa. So, while I'm sitting there watching this cute romantic movie and wondering why Young'En is not trying to hold my hand (he's sometimes really shy) or doesn't have his arm around me, I'm also trying NOT to think about all the movies that Justin and I used to go to. And, how he'd be more snuggly. And how Jack Black looks like him and dammit...I was trying really hard not to just bawl during the damn movie. And, as we're walking out, I'm thinking to myself, "he is NOT Justin and he doesn't need to be like Justin and just shut the fuck up and enjoy yourself--Young'En's a nice guy!"

We finally had a real kiss last night and that was more than nice. And I blathered on a bit while sitting out in the truck, causing me to say "Sometimes I talk a lot", garnering a reply of "It's ok, it makes up for me not talking so much".

Guy (he of the making out fame--he & I are talking again--totally as friends, b/c he realized that I knew all along he was just a distraction) is having a swank bday party tonight--Red Carpet Hollywood is the theme tonight, at a bar here in town. Whitney and I are going and Young'En, when he heard I'm wearing my LBD, is going to be stopping by. This means MAJOR primpage must happen. And, I think I'll be needing a nap before then. However, I'm in DESPARATE need of a shower too, b/c I got home & just went blam into bed--stinky & smoky from the bar.

Anyway...that's been my weekend excitement so far. More to follow tonight, I'm sure. I need to clear off some space in my digicam so I can take pics, fo sho. If you're lucky and I'm feeling daring, I might post pics of Young'En. Ho ho, eh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO! Pics! :)