So, my old college roommate (she lived with me for 4 years, poor soul), is getting married in Chicago next weekend. This is going to be THE swankiest event I've ever attended. The damn hotel has a DRESS CODE for chrissake! I have to take dress clothes for what will essentially be my vacation. Bleagh.
Anyway, I was instructed/requested to make a mixed cd for all the bridesmaids to listen to while we primp and prepare for the wedding. So, being me and being indecisive, I made two.
Here are the track lists.
#1: Music to Get Pretty By
It’s the End of the World REM
Fight for Your Right Beastie Boys
Let’s Get it Started Black Eyed Peas
Coconut Harry Nilsson
Come On Eileen Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Accidentally in Love Counting Crows
Waiting for Somebody Paul Westerburg
Chick Magnet MXPX
Sexy Back Justin Timberlake
I Like the Way You Move OutKast
Girlfriend Avril Lavigne
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Cyndi Lauper
Love is a Battlefield Pat Benatar
Fergalicious Fergie
Rock’n’Roll Lifestyle Cake
If I Had a $1,000,000 Barenaked Ladies
I’ll Be Here Awhile 311
All for You Sister Hazel
Shiny Happy People B-52s/REM
Blister in the Sun Violent Femmes
and,
#2: Primping Part Deux
Breakfast at Tiffany’s Deep Blue Something
My Sharona The Knack
Hangingaround Counting Crows
Don’t Stay Home 311
Sweet Escape Gwen Stefani feat. Akon
Hey Mickey Bew*tched
Livin’ on a Prayer Bon Jovi
Intergalactic Beastie Boys
Maneater Nelly Furtado
You and Your Hand Pink
New Age Girl Deadeye Dick
Rock the Casbah The Clash
Brian Wilson Barenaked Ladies
Loveshack B-52s
Now that We’ve Found Love Heavy D and the Boys
Hollaback Girl Gwen Stefani
Kiss Off Violent Femmes
Island in the Sun Weezer
Summertime Fresh Prince
What do you think? How did I do? They're supposed to be high energy/fun cds. The Paul Westerberg song was a request from the bride, the rest is my stuff. I LOVE making mix cds. :-)
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
not to shabby.. think I like the second one myself.
So has there been a verdict yet?
Oh and my verification code is hahaa. thought you might get a kick out of that :)
I don't think I can pick between the two...
If I was forced, I'd go with #1 - REM, 311 and Violent Femmes on one CD would do it for me!
Post a Comment