Sunday, June 03, 2007

I can't help myself

Ok, so I posted this on my MySpace blog, w/ the filter set to diary (aka, no one could read it). I feel ready to have it on here. First, let me preface it with the current jury verdict. I like "R". I really, really, REALLY like "R". He's funny. He's smart. He's an accountant. He's a liberal. He hates the pres as much as I do. He got to see Clinton speak and thinks he's a brilliant speaker, much like I do. We saw each other Friday night. We (ahem) ate breakfast together Saturday morning at VI.

Now, realize that while things are in these very initial stages, the jury reserves the right to go back into chambers and reevaluate the situation.

But, I like him. He's so cute. And tall (6'2"). Tee hee. I'm twitterpated.

Ok: original MySpace post:
Please don't think I'm SO fickle
I know one of my recent posts was about how I'm not over Justin. Or, wasn't or whatever. At the time of that post, I still had very strong feelings surrounding that whole issue. Not a lot of them were romantic in nature, however. And, I do believe that finally seeing him, in person, helped me to realize a lot of stuff. That things between us were finally over. That holding on was futile and pointless. That it's really ridiculous how high up on his person he wears his pants. Whoa. That I would never have been happy in AZ.

A lot of epiphanies, eh? I think so. I had another one the other day: if I'm not married by the time I'm 35, I'm buying a house and getting a dog. I like living by myself: I can be as messy and lazy as I want & there's no one around to care. I can be as LOUD as I want & not have to worry about roommates (only neighbors & that's a bit extreme).

Along these epiphanic lines (I'm not sure that's a word, but I like it--I'm making it one)...I met a new guy. This is where the (perhaps perceived) fickleness comes in to play. I know that trying to get over someone, by moving on to someone else doesn't really work. Trust me, been there, done that a few times already.

This is different from the previous rebound guys this year. He's different. I caught some flack from some friends about how w/ Young'En I never sounded excited. With the hippy, I really wasn't excited, but just needing to scratch an itch. The other instance, well, we both knew going in what was going on with me.

This is different. I'm so freaking excited about this guy. You should have seen how ridiculous I was last night, trying to (patiently) wait for him to call to come join us at the bar. And, he did. And he's SO fun and funny and smart and a smart ass (which I love) and a good kisser and I'm just really LIKING him already.

I know, full well, my tendency to fall head over heels, and fast, with guys. I know that I'm almost already to that point. I'm not sure I care. If I get hurt, I get hurt. Shit happens. I'm not saying it wouldn't suck, but you take a risk with people, ya know?

He feels worth the risk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm sounds like things are going to get interesting for you. I really hope things work out for you. I know what you mean I fall hard too. Probably why I decided to let the guys make the first move because I do fall so hard and so fast and get hurt just as easily.

Unknown said...

"He feels worth the risk."

That's enough for me to say: Go for it! :)