So, I think I've been "wedding crashed". Yup, that is the technical term. On Saturday I would have been posting a blog about how excited I was that I met a guy. Now, it's Tuesday and I'm feeling that excitement ebb away, replaced by cold hard being ignored. And, I feel like a moron. Gah.
Saturday evening, I played the flute at the wedding of a friend of a friend. I actually know the bride through 2 different people: Whitney & Katrina. Whitney, Phylis and I played for the wedding. Friday night, I went out w/ Whitney and several people involved w/ the wedding (bridesmaids, groomsmen, bride & groom, various attendees). Friday night, there were SO many cute, single guys there, I had a hard time focusing on which one I wanted to chat up more. I ended up talking equally to this guy "J" and his friend "R". "R" was not actually invited to the wedding, but does know the groom, a bit. "R" was very nice & all 3 of us had a good time talking, so I told him (as did "J", the actual invitee) he should come to the reception. So, he did.
Long story short...I went back to "R"s place after the reception w/ him, "J" and another friend "A". The plan was to play drinking games. Let me preface this w/ the knowledge that I'd already had about 6 beers, was beyond needing a drinking game to be drunkish and Saturday was night #3 of me drinking. Oh yeah, in fine form I was. Well, we arrive at the house and "J" promptly passes out in the living room & begins to snore. At that time, it's about 1:30 or so, so "A" goes to crash in the guest room (where the cat has puked & shat, in the past--apparently it smells great), and "R" & I go into his room. Now, up to that point, we'd been Flirty McFlirtersons w/ each other & we get into the room, pop a movie in & proceed to make out. Make out is pretty much all we do--I'd made it very clear to him early on that I wasn't going to sleep w/ him. I think I said that would be an activity for a later date. [***Note: after 3 days of drinking, I'm not quite the brightest crayon in the box. Bleagh.]
Sunday afternoon, "R" & "A" drop me off at my car, which is at Whitney's house. "R" tells me to send him a MySpace msg. Yeah, no exchange of phone #s, just the MySpace thing. So, I did. He's read it (actually, I've sent 2 & he's read both), BUT, no reply.
Yup, I've been wedding crashed. Dammit. It sucks, b/c he (up till this point) seems like a nice guy: accountant, intelligent, liberal (his page has a countdown till G-Dub's out of office), funny, etc. Grrr...But, apparently not.
PS: I'm going to post some other posts, but pre-date them (b/c I wrote them previous days) on here, so check after this post, obekabie. You might find some of it ironic. :-)
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh man, that does sound just like the movie! good for you for not letting him go all the way because then you'd probably really feel bad!
Oh dear! Not good. It sounds suspiciously like the 2 others promised to crash so "R" could get busy. Since you didn't give it up, game was over. I know that sounds harsh, but guys are jerks and I am speaking from a very similar experience unfortunately. What a Jackass!!!
I'm sorry Amy! That just stinks!
Post a Comment