Saturday, February 10, 2007

GRRRR

I am irritated. And, I am sick too, but that's besides the point.

Young'En and I are in the midst of our first fight/disagreement/whatever. And I'm not sure what the solution would be, b/c on some levels, I don't want to be a demanding girlfriend. Yet, on the other hand, I don't think that I'm being demanding. BUT--the definition of demanding could be relative, right? Oh whatever, anyway...

Young'En was supposed to come over and see me today. I'm sick, so I stayed home from work/school. He had work he was supposed to be doing, but I said he could come over in the evening. Well, long story short, he ended up going out with friends & when they were done being out (they went to a horsepark place to gamble), they decided to go keep drinking at Young'Ens house. Meaning, Young'En was not coming over here. So, I'm pissed. I didn't tell him not to go out with his friends, b/c I understand that's important. And, I could have gone, but I'm sick & didn't feel up to it. (Plus, I have a crap-ton of homework) But, dammit, I just wanted him to come see me. That's NOT asking for too much, I don't think.

And I'm already irritated b/c next week, on Saturday, is monthly poker game. Which means rather than having our Valentine's Day outing on Saturday, he's going to be playing poker. And it's not like Friday isn't an option, it's just not a great one. I have class at 8am Saturday mornings & so going out on Friday tends to completely wipe me out. And he knows this. And part of me understands why poker is important (it's a family thing that's just once a month--dad, uncles, brother, etc), but the other part of me thinks it's a bunch of crap b/c I want to go out with my boyfriend, dammit!

Is that so wrong? Am I out of line? Am I being unreasonable? Grrr...I have to go finish my damn homework. Bleagh.

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

You're not being unreasonable...you are just feeling the sick. I am much more needy when I'm sick - like people, come on! Pay attention to me! I'm sick! ;P

Seriously though, this is just a small thing. Who says you can't celebrate V day next weekend instead?

Unknown said...

Me too. I'm so much more attention hungry when I'm sick...