I have been tagged in the "6 weird things" game by Wiccachicky. I am supposed to post six weird things about myself before tagging six others.
There seem to be only two rules:
1) You can be retagged
2) The only way not to be retagged is to add an additional rule.
Wiccachicky texted me last night asking me what I thought was weird about her. She coudln't think of anything weird. At the time, I kinda chuckled about it, but yet, now...I see her point. I'm with myself all day and I'm used to me and the things I do. How the hell am I going to think of stuff that is "weird" about me (yes, I'm using quoting fingers here). *sigh* Well, after talking to Wiccachicky last night on the phone, she helped me come up with two. However, I really only think one of them is truly weird. So, that's my lead off.
And...here we go.
1) I hiccup. Let me explain. I will hiccup, just once at a time, at completely random times throughout the day. It doesn't matter if I've had anything to drink (alcoholic or otherwise). It doesn't matter if I've had anything to eat. The type of hiccups that come out of my mouth vary as well. Sometimes they're tiny little squeaks like a kitten or a baby bird. Other times they're loud and obnoxious like a teradactyl (sp?). I will often hiccup at inappropriate moments, like in the middle of an important meeting. I rarely get the actual hiccups (you know, the multiple ones that normal people get?). When I do get the hiccups, they hurt like a mofo.
2) I name my cars (this is weird according to my friend Linda). However, to me this doesn't seem weird, b/c I have other friends who do so, but anyway...
It started back in high school with the first car I kept for an extended length of time. A 1989 blue, 4-door Toyota Corolla. Muffler and other exhaust issues, it was only a 4-banger and would whine when I tried to push it to the limits of acceleration. I called it RB (for Rice Burner, which my friend Chris christened it). My friend Schevy (a big boy who's last name was Scheve and who usually would spell it Chevy), called my car the "Ehhhnnh", b/c that was the sound it would make when I tried to make him go fast. Second, I had Sally, named after Sally from 3rd Rock From the Sun. She was a marroon 1988 Toyota Camry w/ a V6. Lotsa umph for a Toyota and she kicked some ass. Thus, her name. Third, I inherited my mom's old 1994 Toyota Camry, which was the strange light purple taupe color they had. Another 4 banger, Kimmie had no oomph, no get up and go, and HATED the winter. Driving her uphill in the snow was an exercise in both faith and futility. I named Kimmie after Kimmie Gibbler from Full House. Currently I'm the proud owner of Lulu the Subaru. She's a 2001 Outback wagon, and was my mom's old Subaru, till she upgraded to a 2006 Subaru this summer. My parents and I aruge about what color she is--I swear she's plum and they think she's marroon. Whatever, there's definitely a purple undertone to her color. And yes, not only do I name them, I talk to them too. I'm convinced it helps them run better.
3) I have strange issues with feet. I think that the only cute or attractive (what-have-you) feet are those of babies. Anything else is gross. However, if I'm going to be around people's feet, I'd much rather have their feet be naked, than have socks on. (Like, guys who go to bed w/ just socks and boxers? Weird. Even more weird is if they get naked except for their socks. WTF?!?). I kinda like it when my own feet are cold and would rather walk around with bare feet than have socks on. If I'm sharing my bed, I'd much rather have some guy's feet touch me than have some guy's sock feet touch me. Sock feet give me the heebie jeebies--there's just something about socks that is SO GROSS! And, you've probably guessed that I've never given a foot massage, EVER, in my whole life. I hardly ever ask for them either, b/c I figure my own feet might be gross and why would someone want to touch them?
4) When drinking, I will feel the effects of alcohol in my KNEES first. Yup, I can tell when I'm getting tipsy by the weird spacy, floaty, tingly feeling I get in my knees when imbibing. I next will feel kinda spacy or spinny in my head. I progress to decreased grace (which is pretty bad, b/c I'm not overly graceful to begin with!), and a tendency to be very foul-mouthed. This last Friday when drinking I told a few people to F'off over minor things. But probably the weirdest is feeling the alcohol in my knees. And sadly, my tolerance is such that I tend to feel the weird knees after 2 drinks.
5) I will sing along with the radio subconciously. Just now I started singing along with the Foo Fighters Everlong. In addition, I feel the need, while singing to sing in the octave/range of the person I'm singing along with. I will also sing harmony more often than not. My tendency to harmonize is such that with some songs I have to concentrate to actually think of or "hear" what the melody is. It drove my ex-boyf Tony NUTS, my compulsive singing. However, I tend to sing in this way when I'm really comfortable around you. So, old friends and my family put up with it the most often. And yes, I'm one of those annoying people at concerts who will sing along with all of the songs (at least, the ones I know).
6) Last but not least, I'm inexplicably terrified of crickets. Yeah I know. They're not poisonuous. They don't bite. I don't really get it either. They're just really gross and creepy! And they jump and you can never predict where they're going and they're icky and they smush and they make the world's most annoying noise!!!! I had so many in my apartment this summer--it was very stressful and my sleep suffered. BLEAGH!!
Okay...I'm FINALLY freaking done. This took me like 3 days to do! Maybe that's weird in and of itself. I mean, I know I'm weird, but I don't ever really think about why I'm weird or in what way(s) I'm weird, ya know?
*sigh*
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great list! I name my cars too! I also sing harmony more than melody to songs as well...:) We are alike in so many ways it's too funny!:)
And hey, crickets are gross and you are right, they are unpredictable when they jump. It is sorta creepy. EWWW!
Post a Comment