After 3.25 years of working at my current job, it just took me about 1/2 hour to clean all of my stuff out of the drawers and tidy up as much as I'll be tidy.
This feels so surreal.
I was going to type up a big thing of each school for the person to replace me here, but now I don't think I have the will nor the energy. Nobody did that for me when I started here. It was really kind of a trial by fire, complicated by the fact that I started at the end of September. The fall is THE busiest time to start this job. Apparently though, that fall was easy, b/c each subsequent fall has been KER-RAZY! And so stressful that I've become one of those people who gets migraines (I never used to get them--I don't get them very often, but getting them at all sucks).
I had a (mild) panic attack last night. I don't remember being this nervous about starting other new career endeavors. Though, I probably was...
It's funny how the mind works to protect a body/person from stressful things.
(On a COMPLETELY unrelated side note, I got to catch up with Grey's Anatomy last night b/c you can watch episodes ONLINE! Without having to download them! Suh-weet!)
Sad! I just tried to watch tv (online from ABC's website), but my work computer SUCKS & the bandwidth is shitty apparently. It was better viewing last night on my dino lappy.
I really should be finishing up my actual WORK that I have to do, but...alas...I again, have no motivation.
Oooh...I just thought of something that I need some help from you bloggy folks out there. Last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, I started freaking out about student teaching. I had been having itchy eyes all day and by 2am when I got in bed, they were hurtin' for certain. So I got a cold wet washcloth to put on my eyes (my no-fail eye soother). Well, I don't know how much later, but I was having a dream while I was half-awake/half-asleep. This is the third time I had this dream. I keep getting this feeling that there is SOMEONE else in the room with me. The someone is a guy (I don't know who), but he has broken into my apartment and is standing over my bed, looking at me. Once in the dream he started to get into bed with me. Last night he was crawling up the bed from the end by my feet and kept bouncing it. Now, what's really scary is that I don't know who this guy is in the dream--i never see a face, but I sense a presence. It very quickly wakes my mind up, to the extent that I know I'm awake, but yet I can't move. I have to keep telling myself "wake up wake up wake up!", before I can open my eyes to reassure myself that no one is there. Each time I've had this dream, it keeps getting more real. And there's nothing else in the dream that suggests it's a dream, b/c my bedroom always looks how it looks in real life, etc.
What does this dream mean? Specifically? Why can't I move? Why am I dreaming this? Anyone have any ideas?
Well, I should make phone calls before I have to drive away for work today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
best of luck in the new year, amy!
thanks for the christmas card and cd!!
those kind of dreams are the worst - when you know you're dreaming, but you're paralyzed. ugh. it reminds me of that time I got my drink drugged and couldn't move any part of my body.
Post a Comment