Friday, October 20, 2006

Workin' for a Livin' (WORKIN')

Anyone else remember that old Huey Lewis and the News song? I do...I feel it's very apt right now.

I just applied online for 3 jobs. I'm going to take my resume to a store in the mall. I'm going to apply for several more jobs at the actual stores, because that's what they prefer.

Can you tell that I'm broke?

Is it obvious that I'm getting really panicky about a) money b) the fact that at the end of December, I'll be officially UN-employed (voluntarily, but still) and yet still have about $700 of bills (not counting my 1/2 of the rent, b/c my parents said they'd pay half) each month?

My half of the rent will be (assuming my rent doesn't go up at the end of the calendar year) $220/month. Yup, for a basement apartment that gets a LOT of bugs and doesn't even have a dishwasher. A crock, right? That's what I think. Especially if they think they're going to increase my goddamn rent.

I need a job that pays about $10/hr, right now, so that I can afford to pay my bills as it is. When I start student teaching, I'd switch to about 30 hours a week (I still need to be able to do my hwk...)

Currently I only have time to work about 15-20 hours a wk. I'm not sure there's even a job out there that will let me work Wed & Fri nights from 6 till 10, Saturdays from 5:30 to 10 (or whenever) and Sundays for 8 hours. I doubt it exists. However, w/ work & school, that's all I've got open in my schedule right now. And, w/ practicum and class, I need to have time to come in on Sundays to the office, to make sure I get my 40 hours in at BBBS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

This really really REALLY blows.

Why the fuck did Justin have to move. Couldn't he have just stayed here? My life would be so much easier if a) things were better between us and b) if I could have moved in with him. Certainly I wouldn't be nearly so worried about money.

I really wish I smoked right now. I feel like I could really use a cigarette.

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

Ok, seriously. Don't take up smoking. It's REALLY expensive...and if you're having money issues - totally not worth it!! :oP Though I empathize, it's not the best option in this time of need. Not sure what to tell you. Can't you get a job being a secret shopper or something? That apparently pays well AND you could do it on your own hours??