I unplugged my poor old stereo last wk, when it died on me. It was my mom's suggestion and well, I thought, "ya never know".
So, today, I plug it back in and VOILA! It works. Will wonders never cease...I don't understand, but I'm not complaining. And, I need to make sure that I grab my cds out of it tonight, just in case it decides to go on the fritz again.
In other news...I do NOT understand how to balance a checkbook. We were taught in 6th grade. Now, if you ask me, that's a DAMN dumb time to teach kids something as abstract as balancing a checkbook (i.e. money management). It's probably a better idea to tell kids to not try to spend more money than they have AND to give them a relative idea of what stuff costs. (I can't begin to tell you how many kids will tell me during their intake interviews that if we gave them $100, they'd buy a mansion and a car. Yeah, maybe one for Barbie kiddo!)
Random topic number one. So, for the longest time, my bank's been ahead of me. As in, they've thought I had more money than I thought I did. Usually the difference was a few hundred dollars. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, b/c when I'd check it, everything had cleared & yet I'd still be vastly different in my calculations. To add to that woe and confusion, September was an expensive month for me. I apparently decided I needed all sorts of stuff (shopping therapy--which I made a resolution yesterday that I have to come up with some OTHER thing to make me feel happy when I'm blue. Since I can't eat, and I can't shop, I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm mad or sad (which is usually when I shop). So, if anyone has any suggestions...)
Anyway...I finally got around to checking things online today & writing things down in my register and by my calculations I was like, $500 in the hole. Yet, w/ the bank being so far ahead of me, I wasn't worried--till I saw the 3 overdraft additions to my account from my credit card with the same place. And...b/c I've really been into the shopping therapy, that credit card is already in danger of going over its balance. So, if I have another overdraft from it into my bank, I think I'll be OFFICIALLY hosed. To ADD to all of that crap--everything I've written/debited has cleared again (w/ the exception of the bills that are going out in today's mail). The bank says I have about $400 more than I think I do. Which, I hope they keep thinking that, b/c that's about how much in bills I wrote. AND, I don't get paid again till Friday the 20th. I just hope the last 2 wait to clear till then.
I just got off the phone w/ a friend who needs a part-time delivery driver...at the AUTO PARTS store where he's the manager. Yeah. Me, working at place with car stuff. That's even funny than Amy the pizza wench.
Random Thought Number Two--my brother's favorite term of endearment for me is HagWench. Yeah...he's 25. Ain't he a peach? Seriously though...we get along really well & have the make-fun-of-each-other type of relationship. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.
However, if you're NOT my brother, you don't get to be like that w/ me. Period. Full stop. End of story.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm horrible with money management but I just noticed something funny. Dan pays the big bills like the car and rent (I just give him money for it) but I'm always hounding him about the other bills. *sigh* I HATE money talk. I wish we didn't need money to live. Whatever happened to the Star Trek way of life that was coming our way????
No eating or shopping? Yeah I have been having the same problems, trying to stick close to my tight budget...I have been doing extrememly well and actually paying off that pesky credit card a bit that got out of control last year...but alas, I feel my life is now boring! THe library I work at has all these dvd's to borrow and there is nothing like free movies and tv show seasons! Although, that is partially what is making my life boring socially, cause now I sit at home and watch tv...'cause it's in my "budget".
It sucks and I know soon the fact that I work at the library nights and just got a decent raise will materialize. I say go for that second job, money is money and if it's more than you had, it's a good thing even if it's not much!
i wish my brother called me something cool like "asshat, or satan-spawn" but no, it's simply "bro".
yes nothing i wish to share. tee hee hee...even though i may be a reformed bad boy, i am only willing to reform *so* much. i wrote a song about it even. first song i've written. i'm sure it's not that good, but i can play it, and i can sing it. :)
*** hugs ***
Money lessons should start in 6th grade but continue until you're.. umm.. how old am I?
:)
good luck working it all out - you're in good company, we've all been there.
it's an '06 yamaha v star classic, 1100cc. more power than i'll ever need. chicks dig it, i guess. hahahahaha.
Post a Comment