Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th

IN REPAIR--JOHN MAYER (CONTINUUM)

Too many shadows in my room
Too many hours in this midnight

Too many corners in my mind
So much to do to set my heart right


Oh, it's taking so long
I could be wrong, I could be ready
Oh, but if I take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady

I am in repair

Stood on the corner for awhile
To wait for the wind to blow down on me
Hoping it takes with it my old ways
And brings some brand new luck upon me

Oh, tt's taken so long
I could be wrong, I could be ready
Oh, but if I take my heart's advice

I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair


And now I'm walking in the park
And all of the birds, they dance below me
Maybe when things turn green again
It will be good to say you know me

Oh, it's taken so long
I could be wrong, Icould be ready
Oh, but if I take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady
I'm never really ready
I'm in repair
I'm not together but I'm getting there
I'm in repair
I'm not together but I'm getting there
I'm in repair
I'm not together but I'm getting there

**I've got a lot going on in my head today. That's just one of the songs on the fantabulous cd my celeb hubby released last month. *sigh*

**Some of the stuff going on in my head, I'm not sure I'm even ready to talk about it...or even think about it to be truthful. But, I've learned that it's very hard to control what your brain is going to want to dwell on and process.

**My "little brother" Jarid has a column in the Nevada Appeal that I think EVERYONE should read. The backstory behind Jarid is that he's about the same age as my real little brother, Jared. With senior year freakout beginning, I apparently was looking for more connections. Anyway, Jarid was a frosh that year & kinda looked & acted like Jared. So, I told him I was "adopting" him as my little brother. He very kindly humored crazy Amy. And thus...I'm so freaking proud of him. He's such a great writer. I wish I could write even HALF as well as he does. Check it out--it's fabulously funny.

**I'm currently "giving Justin space". Aka, I'm not calling him, I'm letting him call me. We have not officially broken up, but whether or not we're still a couple seems a little tenuous as well. It really really sucks. Earlier this wk, I decided that if it's over, he has to be the one who ends it. I'm not going to make it easy on him and "be the bad guy" and call things off. Besides, I'm still in love with him (against my current better judgment). And, on a very basic level, it seems stupid to break up with someone when you still love them. However...it hurts

**Last night I kept thinking, how is it that he is hurting me?! He's the nice guy--he was never going to be the guy that was a jerk and would hurt me. He helped me move in to my apt w/ little complaint. He gets along with my parents and my brother. He's kind and considerate and thoughtful. Or, at least he was all those things when we're both here. It's like he chucked those traits somewhere along the road when he moved down to Arizona. Somewhere in the desolate parts of CO are all the wonderful things that I fell in love with.

**In trying to come up with ways to have something happy--I got my hair cut last night. Now, nothing overly drastic, but I did tell her to take off 3 inches. My hair now goes down just a tad past my shoulders. And the curl that I was missing (it was more of a half-assed curl w/ lots of frizz) is back. I just need to pick up a creme product to tame it a bit. It's a bit crunchy at the moment with the gell I used. Hooray for curly hair!

**I get to go to Haunted Housing tonight. Fabulous. I'm excited. I'm also going to a wine and cheese party beforehand. I'm making my friend drive, so I can have 2 glasses of wine in quick succession and be a bit buzzed for the scariness. WHEE!

**I need to read my chapters for my class tomorrow. So...I'd best go do that. Later ya'll & have a good Friday the 13th!

5 comments:

C.C. said...

That Jarid is a kooky character. Cute article. Marriage maffia! That was so true!!

Anywho, I am sorry to hear that you and Justin are having a rough time. I know that long disctance relationships can be tough. I hope you guys can work things out and get back to each other. :)

"Scary Acres" looks like my local "Spook Hill Farms" but even cooler! You haven't lived until you have been chased thru a corn maze or out of a haunted house by a crazy chainsaw thrashing guy (or a gaggle of them!) Sounds like fun!

Um woah! you just changed your look! Ahh, it's very "Welcome to my Dojo" I like!!!

Have a great weekend!:)

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOO. The Haunted Housing looks like fun! I may have to go to one of these Halloween things this year. I haven't done anything like that in a long time!

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

Mark said...

sorry about the depressing music. most happy music sucks though. for someone as generally upbeat as myself(though you may not be able to tell from my blog) i really do like depressing music. i shoulda thrown some OAR on. their old stuff makes me happy no matter what.

so how much of the stuff are you familiar with?

and it's ok to break up while still in love. i did it last february. she's still pretty important to me, but sometimes you realize things aren't right, or at least right for right now. better to just make sure you're cool with yourself and not worry about the relationship as much. too much stress in this world as it is.

L said...

amy, i wish i could take you out for coffee or drinks and tell you everything is going to be okay.
i guess i'll just tell you everything is going to be okay, sans the beverages.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

yeah i know what you mean that you can not control what your mind wants to concentrate on, going through it myself as well.