Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's Sunday

OK...so, I've often been accused of having an over-active imagination. I also "inherited" a healthy dose of paranoia/worrywart-ness from my mom. The two combined have led to stress more than once in my life, including right now.

I was supposed to go out w/ a friend last night. First however, he attended the big college game in our capital city (about 1 hr away). Then, he went to hang out w/ his brother at his brother's house for awhile. (after dinner w/ the family in capital city). Finally about 9pm I get a call from him saying they'd lost track of time & were just about to head back here & then we could go out. I figure about 10, 10:15, I'd get a call saying he was back in town.

10 comes & goes w/ no phone call. Then 11 & no phone call. By midnight, I put my pjs on & turned out the light and my anger was battling it out w/ my worried paranoia that he'd gotten into an accident on the interstate on the way back. I mean, I told him to drive safe, but fast (b/c I was bored of sitting at home & wanted to go out already!). Now, it's almost noon & I texted when I got out of bed. Nothing. That makes me even MORE paranoid. There is 1 positive (but yet anger inducing) scenario. 1) he ended up staying in capital city w/ his bro b/c they're having too much fun & he thought it'd be a wiser decision, instead of driving. If he got back last night & didn't call & then isn't up yet (which is uncharacteristic for him...he's not much of a sleeper-inner), I'm pissed. However, I'll take being mad b/c my friend is a turd, rather than having my worry about an accident be truth.

And, now, the Chiefs take on the Chargers, and I have to get in the shower. Gotta get all spiffy for the bridal shower this afternoon for my old woommie. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope he's ok. I'd be pissed too!