Monday, October 02, 2006

Avoidance

I'm surprised this didn't come up on my list of strengths--my avoidance of stuff. Be it checking my voicemail (which I constantly put off. It just stresses me out!), to bringing up things I need to talk about with people (which I don't). I just don't do it. I'm a highly skilled procrastinator. Always have been. Probably always will be. *sigh*

My one guy friend told me I need to grow a spine and stick up for myself. This guy I met this wknd told me I just need to realize things will be okay, no matter what happens. (Don't get your hopes up wiccachicky--he just got out of a long relationship with a guy going thru the same crap Justin's dealing with: a lack of knowing what the fuck he wants)

This wknd I judged speech down in the state below me. It was a good time, but I felt both so old and out of my element. AND, like one of my friend Kittie's students was hitting on me. Weird. The cash I was paid was nice. The drive to and from was not.

I got back and avoided doing laundry and dishes. Two things I REALLY need to do this wk. I also really need to read my chapter for Linguistics tonight. Bleagh.

At least I get to see Gilmore Girls tonight (finally!)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

3 comments:

FitGirl said...

I totally relate!
I hate voicemail. I don't even know why I subscribe to it! I hate listening to my messages!!! (It's like a waste of time to me! Go figure)

Hopefully you'll get a sudden burst of energy to get that apartment cleaned this week! One can always hope :)

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. There are some things I avoid like the plague. I've discovered I don't handle confrontation well.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend!

Amy said...

reply to JustaGirl: Thanks for stopping by. I tried to find your blog, but came up blank. :-( Hopefully you'll continue to read mine & someday I'll find yours :-)