I currently have quite a few thoughts running around in my little brain, so...to copy Sylvia, I'm just going to do a list.
1) My stupid effing computer at work died (yes, again). For those of you who've been long-time readers, you know that this is like the 3rd computer I've had (apparently I'm going to average 1 a year). At 1st I thought it was the monitor, but then it started working & said the boot failed & so the system halted. Oy. What the f*&%?! So, I actually had to do work today (and my boss called me out on my lack of filing--I've been putting some of it off for a year! oops)
2) My little old laptop at home is currently making some weird noises. I hope it doesn't crap out on me. Cross fingers!
3) I LOVE playing in my flute group. We had rehearsal tonight & will practice again on Wednesday night. We have a "gig" at this thing at these fancy gardens in town this wknd (both Saturday and Sunday). I love it for several reasons a) I get to play 2) w/ this group I get to play music that is challenging and don't feel frustrated b/c some of the members are well, crappy. We're all pretty highly skilled. (Whitney's probably the best--good lord she's awesome & has such great tone too) c) I get along really well w/ the five in our small group--we have a good time together and 4) I get to play.
4) (kinda a subtopic of 3...) It's interesting to me lately, that I feel like I have friends that are not my age group. Jeany, at work, is only a few years younger than my mom, but we get along so well and I count her as a friend. And, then Phylis, who is in my flute group, is somewhere in her 40s (I think?...) and we're friends too. I guess I'm struck by it b/c when you're younger (even still in your early 20s), you're not usually friends w/ people outside of your immediate age-group, let alone your generation. At least, I wasn't. However, I like these women a lot. I look up to them, yet, I don't feel like a kid around them (like I still do w/ my parents). Also, along those lines, is the notion of being able to hang out w/ your relatives as an "adult" and drink w/ them. That's fun, but weird (sorta, ya know?). And, knowing that they think of you as an adult and not a little kid anymore--whoa.
5) I worked very hard on my patience today at work. It helped that my least fave coworker (stupid idiot guy) was NOT there today. Him and his snide remarks are NEVER missed. Anyway...I think it helped that I had brought my photo albums w/ me (the ones w/ my AZ pictures) and showed her them. I just need to remember that not everyone learns at the same pace, or in the same way. AND, that people in the older generations are NOT automatically going to catch on to computer stuff that people my age have little trouble with (and that those Gen Y-kids think is 2nd nature).
6) Speaking of computer stuff, I'm just going to have to give ya'll a link to my pictures, since I don't know when I'll be able to put them directly on the blog. *sigh* So, here's the link to my latest photo album. Enjoy (isn't Justin's nephew just adorable? Oh, so cute!)
7) Ugh, I've been having trouble getting to sleep again. I don't think it's going to get any better (this semester will be very stressful I think). However, I don't want to go back on sleep meds b/c in January I probably won't have insurance and therefore can't afford to be on lots of meds. I don't know WHAT I'm going to do about the Effexor. Oy. If only they had a Planned Parenthood type of deal for anti-depressants. *sigh*
8) I started writing what I hope is a book. However, I didn't get very far yet. Like, at all. And, I just came up with a different book beginning the other day. I have little ideas all the time, but they never end up going anywhere or any further. It's frustrating. I'd love to be able to write a book.
9) Justin started his new job at Intel today. He called during his lunch--he got 2 HOURS. Nice, eh? I hope he likes it. I emailed his mom links to the new pictures. Her email back said he's been talking about going back to Omaha, but she's not sure if that would make him happy (jobwise--they were kinda jerks, I guess). I told her that I'd love it, but only if he'd be happy. And, if happy is AZ, then ok then. And, I told her that I'm crazy about her son. (I held back from the declaration of wanting to marry him & therefore be her daughter-in-law someday...nice will power eh?) Anyway...I just hope he likes Intel. I think he just needs to keep himself in one place for awhile. I know he likes being near Michael, Ethan and Jennifer, so...
Ok, I'm sleepy now and am going to go wash face and brush teeth. Hope ya'll had a good Monday. AND, hopefully I'll have the computer back tomorrow and can read everyone else's goings on!
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love lists. They're just easier. :)
On the subject with diverse friends - I've always hung with people who were older than me. It could be anywhere from 2 to 15 years. I've always kinds of been the "baby" of the group. (15 years is a lot when you're only 19! Not so much at 31) But weirdly enought, it never bothered me.
nice pictures! you guys are cute :)
How adorable are you guys??? :) Those pics were great! Was this a HS reunion? Those were great too!
I complain that there aren't enough young people at the places I work, not because I don't like hanging out with older people, (I have many friends over 35 and even over 60 at work) but they all are married and have kids and a lot more responsibility than me. It's hard to be spontaneous and just go do something on the spur of the moment with them like getting a drink after work etc. I love them tho and we make plans ahead of time so we can go out and chill together every so often. I don't mean that to sound bad, and I have always hung out with people older than me, but sometimes it's hard when they are responsible for a husband and kids when you aren't for anything but yourself. Am I digging myself a hole here? I don't mean to! :) Ok I will stop now:)
Sorry I didn't call -- lots of stuff going on...will try tonight or tomorrow, depending on how I am feeling.
You guys are sooooooooooooooo adorable! Great pics of the trip! And the pictures on the 202 or whatever the road was of the clouds, surreal. Really beautiful.
As for the truck, I think that's an E-Maxx. Oh god. My past coming back to haunt me.
Post a Comment