Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm TRYING to be patient

I came in to the office this afternoon/evening, to upload my pictures from my camera onto the internet.

THERE ARE FAKE FLOWERS IN OUR OFFICE. FAKE. I almost typed "my office", but it's not just MINE anymore. And, it's very painfully obvious that my tendency for messiness is NOT going to be very equalled by my new office mate. She moved her file cabinet to right NEXT to her side of the desk (which makes the walkway a LITTLE more narrow, but not anything that's actually going to make walking difficult. I just think it looks stupid. I guess she didn't want to take 4 steps across the room to where it was before.)

Yeah, so during my vacay, my new office mate did a big of rearranging and added some decor, including a large fake houseplant & an arrangment of fake mini roses. I didn't fully realize till today how much I hate fake plants/flowers. I guess I don't mind them much for wedding boquets (easier & cheaper, to be sure, and they don't die or wilt), but they need to be carefully done so they don't look tacky. Fake houseplants on the other hand--ALWAYS LOOK TACKY. Either have real ones or what's the effing point?! Seriously.

And there's 3 pictures that look like they should be in some women's restroom in a department store--pretty, but meaningless. They look like paintings of fake flowers, to be honest. The decor, and the almost anal organization on that side is in STARK constrast to my piles of paperwork, Harry Potter calendar, snapshots of friends & family, and other assorted stuff (including a plastic slinky and 2 Burger King Star Wars toys--they're my desk gaurdians).

Did I mention she brought in a RADIO?? Um, I already have one...what are we going to do w/ two?? I do NOT understand. Oy.

I can feel my (temper's not the right word, but something like that--ahh) irritation mounting.

I think I'll stop bitching now.

4 comments:

L said...

lol@the paintings of fake flowers. ah, the workplace. filled with idiots since 1874.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

The paintings made me laugh, too.

Take a deep breath, and hope for the best, my friend!

C.C. said...

Nice plastique office to come home to huh? Sounds disgusting! I am so sorry! Perhaps you need to bring in more of your stuff to even it out!!! hahahah!

I enjoy the fact that you have "desk guardians". I do too! My newest is a pink flamingo that has a sign under it that says "Get off your ass!" 'Cause that's my mantra lately!
hahahah!

Glad you are back! I missed ya!

Unknown said...

Burger King Star Wars toys. I have the entire set. Still in the box. The create a beautiful little puzzle. Quite nice.

As for the radio, you know it's so that she doesn't have to listen to what you listen to. This way, she can turn on HER radio and control the music. Oh boy.

Oh yes, and plastic flowers and plans...THEY SUCK.

Welcome back!