Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I keep hoping it's actually Thursday

Did you guys read the posts from this wknd? This is what happens when Amy forgets to take her Effexor. *sigh*

I went home to Ma & Pa's Sunday night for a while. Whined until my brother Jared grilled cheeseburgers (I SO was craving one) and then watched Sunday night ABC w/ the fam. Usually a visit home makes me not so unhappy (if I am unhappy). It didn't really help. I cried most of the way home and came to the realization I wasn't entirely sure what I was SO upset about...yeah, I was feeling kinda pitiful, but it shouldn't have been that bad. Weird. I called Wiccachicky on the drive out to Ma & Pa's--she told me think positively and that it's silly for me to be throwing the pity party. My friend Robin talked to me on the way back to my apartment. She told me that things will be ok.

Friends are awesome.

We have three new people starting at work today, including my new office mate. She's closer in age to my mom, than to me. *worried* My last office mate & I really clicked and became actual friends. I'm not sure that I'm going to be comfy w/ this one. I should stop w/ that inner attitude though, or it'll be self-fulfilling.

Ok, should work now & stop blogging.

4 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Well, I hope you are feeling better today. I am trying to pull myself out of my own pity party, which works only when you can convince yourself to think positively! I'm getting better now that I made guacamole and have a mojito. ;)

L said...

i used to work with this awesome girl named leslie. we hung out all the time after work and on weekends. when she moved away and was replaced by a woman older than my mother, i was bummed, but i found that even though we couldn't have the same relationship leslie and i had, we still got along famously and she was able to be a big influence in my life. hope something similar will happen with you!

Anonymous said...

Hope the new co-worker works out for you.. As one of the youngest in my office - by almost 10 years, I can honestly say you really won't noctice the gap after a while. :)

Also, I just hope this comment finds you in better spirits all the way around.

((hug))

Unknown said...

Friends are the best. I'm not sure what I'd do without them.

I hope things go well with the new office mate. Let us know how it's going!