Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Little Bit of a Twist

Well, CC featured one of her (in)famous HOT or NOT lists in her post today and I figured I'd kinda do the same thing. However, mine's going to cover some stuff I'd like to either do or have this summer (since sometimes I'm such a greedy lil snothead, ya know? *smirk*)

So, new (or new to me) DVD's that I'm wishing I could buy or at least watch.
1) Life Goes On -- does anyone remember this series from the 1990s? Oy w/ the big plastic glasses on Kellie Martin, but I LOVED watching Corky and his family. And, it managed to deal w/ quite a few hot-button issues, while also bringing to light what it's like for families to deal with a kid w/ Down's Syndrome.
2) Wonderfalls -- after CC's raved about it so much, I feel like I must watch & see what I've been missing. ;o)
3) Medium -- I freakin' LOVE this show! It's so cool! And, I love their girls, esp the middle one--she's hysterical!

Movies:
1) Clerks II -- I was SO sad when Kevin Smith seemed to be done w/ his movie making (at least the ones featuring Jay & Silent Bob. Snoochie Boochies folks! Myspace Layouts, Myspace Codes, Myspace Graphics)
2) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest -- Johnny Depp, pirates? Nothin' but good times baby!
3) Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift -- I know, it looks kinda lame, but sometimes I really LIKE bad movies. Plus, Asian guys are HOT! Oh and pretty cars too.
4) Prairie Home Companion -- Ok, so my Dad (& my Mom too) has been a Garrison Keillor fan for as long as I can remember. He just loves to listen to him mock us silly Scandanavian Lutherans and our potlucks and our small-town-ness. Plus, have you SEEN the cast list? How could this movie NOT be funny?!

Hmmm...I know there are other movies that I want to see, but I can't remember them right now. I saw X3: the Last Stand last night w/ a friend. They TOTALLY left it open for a sequel (super fun!).

So, that's it for now. A super fluffly post for a Thursday. Hope you're all enjoying your day. I'm just trying to finish up work & my MOUNDS of homework. (oy!)

Remember, I'm off tomorrow, so no post from me (most likely...I'm headed home to mi mama's casa to make ABLESKIVERS!). Have a good Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Girly! This post is rockin'!

I really like Kevin Smith. As far as I'm concerned, the guy is a genious and he can do no wrong. I wish I had managed to score tickets to his talk last year. When I found out...it was TOO LATE! Next time!

Have a great day off and a WONDERBAR weekend!

Anonymous said...

Pirates of the caribbean....johnny depp in eyeliner...*swoons*

Can't wait to see that one!

Artistic Soul said...

I have a list like this too somewhere...but I'm too tired to post it. lol. ;o) It would be MUCH longer...

C.C. said...

Great list! You MUST see wonderfalls! It's just a crazy little show and a riot!

Great pic of Jay and Silent Bob! Cracks me up!

Pirates and Johnny Depp again? Of course!!!:) You know it's at the top of my summer viewing list!!

I had no idea the Prairie home Companion had so many awesome people in it! Thanks for posting that. I have heard lots of buzz about this one!:)

Have a great weekend!!