The other night I couldn't get to sleep (possibly b/c I'd slept in till well past noon that day) and was trying to get my mind to slow down (which is the key for my nodding off). So, I started singing Sarah McLachlan songs in my head. Then, for some reason, I started thinking of NIN songs that I like and that I don't have. I don't have any NIN on cd--the only NIN that I have is the Downward Spiral cassette. I like NIN, but not to the extent that I own a lot of their stuff. I would put it in my angry music category--stuff I listen to when I'm really pissed or feeling really shitty (to perpetuate, I guess...).
So, what I'm doing is asking a favor of all ye bloggers. I know that there are those of you who read me who love NIN and own lots of their stuff...I'd be eternally grateful if one of ya'll could burn me a cd and mail it to me...these are the songs/tracks that I like & would like to have. (they wouldn't need to be in this order)
DOWNWARD SPIRAL
1) warm place
2) piggy
3) mr self destruct
4) closer
5) hurt
6) heresy
7) ruiner
WITH TEETH
8) every day is exactly the same
9) hand that feeds
PRETTY HATE MACHINE
10) head like a hole
11) down in it
I realize that's a short track list, so if there are a) other NIN songs you think I might like or b) other songs that would complement such a list by another artist(s), feel free to add to this. But, I would LOVE to have these songs and if I go to Walmart to make a mix cd, they'll be "clean" tracks (bleagh!) and I don't have any sort of music program on either lappy or on my computer at work. PLUS, we're not technically supposed to download stuff at work anyway, so...
Any help w/ this is GREATLY appreciated!
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh I wish I could help on this one! I own downward spiral on cd and never bought Pretty Hate Machine. I enjoy Trent Rezner, but you are right, not to the extent where I am listening to him all the time...it's my angry music too;)
Oh yeah, I don't have a home computer anywho, it's my roomie's and it's ancient! We're talking Windows 95 perating system here people! If I can ever afford a notebook It will be with burner and I will make you a killer mix b/c I am the mix Queen and it is so much fun to do!:(
PS) I finally posted. It's Whatever Wednesday, let me know what you think:)
I can't help you on this one - I can get to KT and maybe some others if you have ideas, but NIN is not my thing.
Do you want just the songs or copies of the CDs? Let me know and I can burn those for you next time Steve gets some discs. Plus, I haven't listened to Trent in AGES. Break out some old angry music... lol
WOOHOO! Something I can help you with! As with Lindah, I can either make you copies of the entire albums or just of the songs. Email me. There's a link at the very, very, very bottom (oops, its called a footer...duh) of my blog.
Hey, Amy,
I don't have "with teeth." So you'll have to track those two tracks down elsewhere. :-) Sorry!
I'll let you know when I actually get to burning...
Post a Comment