Thursday, June 29, 2006

Procrastination

So, I need to be working on hwk, but I wanted to post something really quickly.

I'm a doofus. I left my makeup bag at the hotel in CO. I SWORE that I had brought it home w/ me. But, then, I couldn't find it. So, I thought I left it at Mom & Dad's. But, Mom couldn't find it. So, I called the rental car company--nope, not found in the van either. Finally I call the hotel (3x--they'd said they'd call me back, but they were really slow in doing that, so I had to call them.) and they had found it. They're supposed to be mailing it to me.

Now, b/c I'm a product junkie, I have other makeup. However, this is my fave stuff! Plus, we went to a mall on Wednesday night and it had a SEPHORA (insert heavenly angel choir noises here). I LOVE Sephora--it's like heaven in a store. I went a little nuts--new mascara, pink eyeshadow, gel cheek stain (blush, basically), a new brush, and some eyeshadow base. However, some of the new stuff is in that bag that is now on its way, in the mail. That makes me very sad--including the pink eyeshadow. I've been looking for a great pink shadow. (it's either the burgundy or true pink) Even though I'm pale, my eyelids are naturally dark & most pinks don't show up on them. So, this shadow was SUCH a find. But, now, it's in the mail. *sigh*

Okay, I just wanted to whine. Back to work on my lesson plan. Whee...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makeup is *so* much fun! But I find shopping at Sephora waaay too overwhelming!! I hope your bag returns home soon!

Artistic Soul said...

Hopefully the mail will come soon then! I am loving the little pieces I picked up for the wedding, but if I add any more makeup to my drawer I could have a fit. I did purge a lot prior to the garage sale though.

C.C. said...

Hey, at least you are not totally out on your new purchases!! Good thing they found it!:)Hurry Mail! hurry!

I enjoy makeup, and good makeup is key. I am a minimalist tho. Mascara, eyeliner, a tope/opalesque neutral eyeshadow and lip gloss are my staples.

I have never bought Sephora, but have heard lots of great things. I will have to check that out!

Unknown said...

I rarely wear makeup but I *love* to buy it. I've been good though, no new stuff for a LONG time. I always giggle a little to myself becaus when I DO wear it, everyone thinks something's going on!

Key for me is good products at great prices. I've given up on MAC - out of my budget, but I've discovered another local place which is actually Korean. They have the BEST eyeliner I've EVER bought.