Friday, May 05, 2006

Whoo boy...

I'm currently on the phone w/ some nice sounding guy named Nick from American Debt Solutions. I need a "solution" b/c my debt is out of control. And, if I get my ducks in a row & start student teaching in JANUARY, then I'll be poor poor poor and then what will I do? The guy's proposal indicated it'd take about 5 1/2 years to pay off everything. I'll need to close the accounts (which I wasn't aware of) but that's not a bad thing.

I'm nervous, but I also feel like a great big idiot for letting things get to this point. Sigh. I'd like to have my $$ under control by the time I start having kids. I don't want to set a bad example for them. (someday...)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me share my secret. I'm in the same boat. Over the last few years, since I became an adult living on my own and all, I've amassed my share of debts too. One consolidation loan from Citi Financial (at an astronomical rate), and only two outstanding bills later, I can tell you that it was the best thing I ever did. Yes, I still have 3 years left to pay it all off but I feel like I have money now. Not a lot, but more than before.

Good luck and have a hug, you deserve one:

((((HUG)))))

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beware of debt consolidators.. I got a bad one where he was taking my money but not applying it to my debts. I got things fixed and now things are semi outta control again. I didn't learn apparently.

Anonymous said...

Check out this website. I listen to this man, Dave Ramsey, on the radio. He has 7 steps to follow and loads of free info on his site.
http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/cms/index.cfm?intContentID=2926

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people said it best - get a second opinion. There are a lot of reputable banks and services out there, but there's some shady ones, too.

Good for you for taking control. Just be careful, babe!

C.C. said...

Hey , it happens to the best of us. I went thru something similar abouta year ago. Thankfully I have it under control now and I have a second job to make sure it never does again. I think it's awesome that you realized it and are being proactive. It's hard to swallow that pride and get down to brass tacks, but it will be worth it!!! I promise!

Yay! GO you!!!