I'm not sure I have anything really related to say about my subject for today's post. But, I do agree w/ that statement.
I'm mailing off a bunch of stuff today. A card to my aunt, my friend Jen, 2 RSVP's for weddings (one is for Wiccachicky's!), and a recipe. Yes, a recipe. Justin's mom sent me this thing for a recipe tree. You get someone's name and you mail them a recipe. Meanwhile, the person who sent YOU the letter, you send their name/address out to six people. You also send address labels w/ your name to those six people so you can get recipes. It's kinda like a chain letter, but w/o the promises of bad luck and all that junk. Normally I don't like doing these kinda things. But, I'm hoping the people I picked will be good sports and play along. ALSO, since it's Justin's mom, I thought playing along would be a good idea. You all get why (if you're regular reader's that is...)
Well, if yesterday was a perfect spring day, today it's the opposite. Which is perfect spring weather for the state I live in. It's a very changeable weather state--90s one week and 50s the next. Kinda crazy. Today is rainy, overcast and cool (projected high is 49). We very much have each of the four seasons. Sometimes we have 2 or 3 seasons in one! (In winter this year, it was pretty warm, like fall or early spring).
Since I'm pretty sure Justin doesn't read this lovely blog of mine (he's not online much & he's much more into finding funny websites & cleaning out all of the junk email he gets), I can tell you all my plan.
I'm going to make him a finals study/care package. This was one of the cool things about our college--the alumni group ran it (w/ student ambassadors). Parents could purchase a pre-made kit w/ snacky foods, silly toys & other stuff. I got one a couple years & then the other years Mom & Dad just sent $$ (both are good). However, I think sending Justin one would be fun--I'm going to send him some cds w/ study music (Beethoven & the newest MTV2 Headbanger's Ball cd), some gift cards to fast food places (I really like Del Taco--wish we had it up here), and some silly toys (silly putty, a koosh, etc). It's very important to take a break from studying, I believe. After all, as my friend Jacky once said "Finals are the bulimia of the mind".
That's it for now, but I realize that I need to tell you all my Papa John's story...(I don't think I've done that yet, have I?)
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like the quote about finals. How true! I LOVE the idea of the care package. What a riot! I'll have to do one of these up for my little sis when she goes back in September. And no...no Papa John story yet!
Oh yeah, and I totally get the sort of mother in law thingy. I did the same thing with Dan's mom when she first moved away but I just can't be bothered any more. I did it once and that was enough!
hahahaha - I love your finals mantra ala Jackie. Care package is a good idea.
If you included me in the recipe thing, I haven't yet responded to the one via email! I would so totally be on top of this if I weren't stressed out. But if you send me one, I'll get to it...eventually.
Post a Comment