Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Countdown continues

Only 6 days till my birthday now. That's less than a week! My aunt RoseMary called me last night--she knew my bday was coming up, but couldn't remember what day it was (she lost the master book w/ bdays...which is a bummer, b/c it was originally my Gramma's). She was worried she'd missed it. Ah, never fear, I told her. You still have a week!

This is something that amuses/perplexes/bothers me. The inability of people to remember the specific date of my birthday. Each year I have a few friends/family who have to be reminded that it's the 18th. Am I expecting too much out of everyone? I don't know family bdays sometimes b/c I've never known when they are. My mom & dad weren't ever big on sending bday cards to their siblings and if it was a bday, it was mentioned almost in passing. Whereas I (typically, but not always) am a birthday card fiend and remember the days/send the cards etc. I do it b/c I think people appreciate it. Is it too much to expect a little reciprocation?

Okay...that sounded REALLY selfish. Anyway...my bday's next Tuesday. I'm going to be 2 years away from the big 3-0. I'm 10 yrs older than all the seniors who are my volunteers for work. *sigh*

Off to run an errand...later.

6 comments:

C.C. said...

I always try to remember family and friends b-days. Sometimes it's hard with 6 brothers and sisters, 9 neices and nephews plus friends but I do try aweful hard.

There are some people that never reciprocate but I always send them something regardless.

It's not selfish to hope that someone remembers you on your b-day! It's normal!!!

I have your B-day marked on my calendar so be watching the mail next week for a fun package from CC!!

tee-hee

"pkgidt"

Artistic Soul said...

I always forget which day it is. But I know WHY I forget. Leslie's BD is the 17th of August, and yours is the 18th of April. I often get the two numbers confused, but always get the months right...

Unknown said...

I'm really, really, really bad with this sort of stuff. Birthday Alarm is my saving grace!

aliciarose said...

I am really bad with birthdays and cards. Usually I have to make an effort to buy a card. I know people that send cards like it's their job. Everyone has their own card style so I would not take it personally.

Anonymous said...

I expect some reciprocation too.. Sometimes I think that expectation is what sets me in my bad moods. Because it makes me feel that ppl don't care about me.

C.C. said...

I apologize!! I was hoping to get your package out today so it would arrive by your b-day on Tuesday. That is not looking good. Soooo...keep an eye out for it by the end of next week!:)

Have a great weekend!!