Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BAH!

So, I'm frustrated with my internet today--it's uber slow, I had to ctrl/alt/dlt once already today to close a browser that wasn't working right & it's just a pain in the rear. BAH!

I'm also cranky b/c I was looking at the alumni list for my high school, BHS & most everyone is married. Lots of them to other Blairites, which is creepy, rather than depressing. But, the fact that most everyone is married (the females at least, which is the comparison barometer we're using) is depressing. Even some of the ones who we thought were gay or really homely are married! Ridiculous! Plus, Justin wouldn't be able to come with, so I couldn't even have the boyfriend card as a backup. Sucks ass. I'm not sure WHY I'm so bent out of shape about this...b/c I don't really care that much about most of those people. I guess it's just your general high school reunion anxiety (our 10th is this year). I still don't know if I'm going to go this summer...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally get what you mean. I'm starting to freak a little about mine - which I think is next year. In ten years I've managed to keep busy but I feel like my life hasn't really "started" yet. Sure, I'm engaged but I have yet to finish my degree, I still don't work in the field I want. In some aspects, I feel totally unfulfilled and in others, I feel like I've more than reached my "goal". Ugh. I hate this stuff.

C.C. said...

Ehhh! Go! I went with a few of my close friends who could make it to my tenth in 2003 and it was stupid. Hardly anyone showed up and the planning sucked. (but maybe your class will be better prepared:)

The people that were married and/ or had kids seemed envious of the singles though. We had freedom and excitement in our lives...yeah, I let them believe that was the case!!! hahah!

I have heard that 20 year reunions are better. Everyone is settled and situated for the most part by then and can be themselves. I agree with themarina that your life has barely started after 10 years out...you are actually only out 6 years b/c of college!! (or even less if you went on for a masters!)

Reunions are surreal. It's like stepping back in time, only everyone looks older and the rules have changed...it's weird.

"fsyhuzlr"