My health insurance sucks!!!! With a big fat capital S!! Now, granted, I know that I'm really lucky to even have health insurance, but lately it's been feeling pretty damn useless.
1) I have to get a second measles shot for school (scary!). Well, my insurance will only cover this $100+ shot IF my doctor determines it necessary for my health. School requires it, but that doesn't make it necessary. So, my doc's gonna have to fudge some stuff so insurance will pay for it after my stupid appointment tomorrow.
2) My antidepressant (effexor) is a prior approval needed drug apparently. And, they won't approve it. (I've been on samples). So...I have to try a new one (lexipro) (which is a Tier 2 anyway & probably like $30 [still better than $100+ for the Effexor, sans insurance coverage]). Which means my body has to do the adjusting to a new substance ALL over again. FUN.
3) My sleeping pill is a Tier 3 which makes it $45. Apparently there's no generic equivalent yet, so, that makes it more costly. Bleagh.
I'm telling you...this medication shit's expensive. I can't imagine what it would be like to be REALY sick & have coverage like this!
I'd really like to tell them to stick where it doesn't shine, but what good would that do?
*sigh*
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, drugs add up. Lexipro is a good one though - we had that one here in house for a while. Expensive...but we figured it was good incentive not to get dependent on it.
Post a Comment