Friday, March 24, 2006

Fantastic Friday

I'm not sure how I'm going to finish all my homework. I was here at the office last night till almost 10 (lack of computer at home is really cramping my style). I want to be CREATIVE too, so I've got to figure s'more stuff out. I really need to stop back by my apt to pick stuff up, but...I ought to do SOME work today.

Had another doc's appt today. Discussed lots of stuff: 1) my mom's being a silly worried mom & it's okay for me to be on Ambien. 2) my insurance company and how they're stupid and what-not related to my anti-depressant and she's going to write a letter saying there's REASON why I prescribed this! 3) I HAVE had all my measles shots, someone just looked at my chart wrong. I had one in 1979 & one again (for jr high, like I thought) in 1990! BAH! 4) I have a skin infection on my face (which is why it's been so bumpy & irritated) and so now I have an anti-biotic and need to wash daily w/ an anti-bacterial soap, to make it go away. (great....) 5) I got my blood drawn to check my blood-sugar, kidney & liver function, and to humor my mom, my thyroid. (are you guys sensing a worry-wart theme w/ my mom here? good...you're catching on)

Anyway, I just wanted to vent about my trip to the doc's office. Feels both pointless and yet highly illuminating at the same time. Way to start off a Friday, eh?

Time for some lunch and then onward & upward w/ more homework. I gotta finish reading the 2nd half of Caged Bird, today. Think I can do it?

4 comments:

aliciarose said...

going to the doc sucks, as does insurance. But without both, we'd be royally screwed!!!

Good luck with your homework. I have a paper to write too

Unknown said...

I *KNOW* you can do it!

Have a great class and a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

yeah why do mom's do that?..I get the constant guilt trips now that I made the decision to move. I need to make a dr's appt to, so that I can get copies of my doctor's notes he wrote for my stress leave. I'm still fighting my employer on that.
I've been forgetting to take my effexor.. I must leave sticky notes out so that I can remember to take em.

Artistic Soul said...

Doctors! Icky! I hate going there.