Monday, March 13, 2006

OY!

So much has happened since my last post on Wednesday...so, I will try to fill you all in w/ the details. However, they will be in no particular order.

Today, my annoyance level is already up...my least favorite co-worker came in to borrow my white-out. 20 minutes later, he still had it. I screwed up addressing an envelope and needed it. Went into his office to get it and he tells me "yeah you can borrow it". Hello, I am not BORROWING my own damn white-out. I'm taking it BACK!

It's kind of a yucky weather day here...rainy/snowy, cold, gray. Yuck! I used to like this kind of weather, but I have Arizona envy now. I want sunshine and warmth!

I was SICK this weekend. Mostly Saturday, but yesterday I was not 100% either. It's been going around the city--so much so that they closed one of the high schools because so many kids (200+) had called in sick. It took me about 2 hours to watch one episode of Gilmore Girls because I was up and down to the bathroom so often. And, that's all the detail I'm going to go into there.

We had our 1st round/sessions of BOWL FOR KIDS SAKE this weekend too. Friday and Saturday. The Saturday sessions (which I started feeling sick towards the end of) were for the high school kids that I work with. Well, apparently they are either really dumb or didn't get a clear directive at all. Hardly any of them showed up with their goal of $100, and most didn't show up with their $25 dollar minimum. HELLO!?!?! It's a FUNDraiser. What do you suppose that means, kids? ARGH!

THURSDAY was my test. I took the day off work from my "real" job (still worked Pizza that night, though I was tired). I don't have all my results, yet, but the ones I do have are EXCELLENT. The passing score for the Reading section was 170; I got a 185!! The passing scored for the Math section was 171; I got 186!! Thank you all so much for your positive vibes, especially those math ones. I NEVER do better in math, so it MUST've been thanks to your boosts!

FRIDAY was a fun day for me. I had a hair appointment. I didn't get it cut at all, but I've been really bored with my hair lately. The last time I was bored with my hair and cut it was in college--that was a disaster. I do NOT look good with short hair. So, I decided to get some color. I got highlights (fairly dramatic ones--my hair on top of my head is LIGHT in some places!) and then I also got the underneath section (at my nape) dyed too--RED. Well, actually it's kinda a auburn brownish (or purplish) color. I really like it. It makes me feel kinda like a rockstar. (haha)

Friday I also ended up paying my deposit for classes, registering for spring and summer courses, signing my financial aid letter and agreeing to another loan, and basically I'm ready to go on Saturday--my 1st class. Which means I can't get too crazy Friday night for St. Patty's day. Oh well. I'm excited for class. I need to go get books this week too! (oy)

So, that's the run-down on my life lately. Hopefully things in you all's neck of the woods (I know, how did I ever PASS the reading section?!) is going well. Also, hopefully we'll soon see the return of JennJr.

Happy Monday y'all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the scores! :)

I'm looking forward to going back for the summer as well. My registration is right around the corner!

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's feeling the gap with Jenn and the job switching thingy. I hope everything's going well and that she's back soon....can't wait to hear all about it!

Artistic Soul said...

Yeah!! Go you! Not jealous of the sick thing though...so glad I've managed to avoid the flu so far this season (knock on wood).

I'm thinking jennjr maybe just needed to purge that stuff, or that perhaps someone found out about her blog who shouldn't have. Hopefully she'll migrate somewhere under a new name like katz did.

C.C. said...

Hey! Great job on those test scores!! That rocks! Sounds like you have been a very busy girl! Good luck with classes!!!:)

Will you post a pic of your hair? It sounds really neat!!! I think you are a Rock Star!!!

I was out sick yesterday from work, back today but still not 100%. Blech! I hate these Winter Thaw colds!!! i want sun and warm too!:)

Anonymous said...

Heehee... Love the hair, can't wait to see it. I'm going to dye my hair this weekend, I think. See what Rich Ruby Red on sale does for me. Could be scary. :-)
Also... CONGRATS on the test results! I'm excited for you and I believe you'll do fine in class. Just try to stay awake.