That reminds me a bit of the movie "Remember the Titans". I love that movie, even before I got into football. It's just a great story, and, well, it has lots of cute guys in it too! :o)
Anyway...the subject of my post today. If I had any doubts about whether or not my Effexor (aka my antidepressant) has been working for me...I don't really. I forgot to take it Sunday & then again yesterday...today I've been fighting the urge to cry at everything little thing. So, essentially it has been keeping me more on an even keel. At the same time, that really frustrates me because I don't like (actually, I almost hate it) the idea of being dependent on something like that.
Primarily this is because growing up, particularly in highschool and the 1st few years of college, I was the happy, peppy, hyperactive child. I was always really energetic and positive/optimistic and laughing at most everything. As I got older, I lost some of that, but not to the extent of the last few months. I guess I really have noticed because my highs just weren't as high any more and my lows were way lower and lasted much longer. I mean, there was a reason that the majority of my parents' friends thought I was going to be a cheerleader in high school. I was a SPAZ. And, when I met my friend Erica, well, we just frightening to some. The spaz factor was increased 10-fold and we're always up (not awake, just freakishly peppy) and talking mile-a-minute and sometimes people were intimidated because we'd get started and just go, go, go! There was ALSO a reason that when Erica came back for Kit's wedding last spring and I wanted her and Justin to meet each other that our friend Austin went along for Justin's moral support. (He seemed to think it borderline cruel that I'd subject Justin to the full strength of Erica and I after we hadn't seen each other for a few months...anyway...)
So, long story short...my Effexor's effective. Which is good, but also sucks. Dammit.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My mom takes an antidepressant as well (not sure which one she's on now...she's been on a few) and it's the same thing. Although she doesn't like taking them, they are helping and the thought of going back to the way things were scare her a bit. It's a difficult path. I'm glad to hear they're working for you.
I can sympathize. I have never taken anti-depressents, but getting older has been for me very similar in effect.
I was the energetic Spaz child, like you and was always doing something, saying something and being peppy. As I have gotten older I have lost some of that (which is probably good) even tho I am still the "woo-hoo!!" girl, but I agree that my lows are much lower. Maybe it's because as such optimistic happy go lucky kids, seeing the truth of the world sucks some of that life out of you. I don't know.
Maybe that's not even it, maybe it's difficult to put it into words, but just know I get it and I understand!!
Post a Comment