Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday

This weekend was pretty eventful...by Amy standards anyway...

1) My mom came over Saturday and helped me clean my apt. However, the state of mess in my apt is such that we just barely scratched the surface. I mean, we threw away a TON of stuff and I can see my living room floor again, but there is still much more to be done. *sigh* I need to scrub my tub and clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen and finish the living room. I also need to clean the bedroom and vaccuum, everywhere. Oy. I've always been kind of messy person, but when Justin left, I basically just gave up on cleaning for the last few months. Ick. (I know)

2) Saturday afternoon, Mom and I went to a bridal shower for the wife of an old friend. Wife, b/c they got married in a civil ceremony already. She lives in Vegas currently, studying to be a dentist or something and he lives here in NE, in Lincoln. They're doing the big wedding and celebration this July. Chris (the groom) and I have know each other since diapers. Apparently Chris used to throw up on our living room floor as a baby. My mom and his mom were roommates before they each got married. We all go way back. So I crashed Michelle's shower w/ Mom. It was fun to see Ricki (Chris's mom) and some of Mom and Dad's other old friends. We all used to hang out a lot as families when we're all really young. But, as we grew, we grew apart, mostly b/c of time constraints. I miss that time of life--it was simpler then and definitely fun. Anyway...

3) Then I went to work. That was not much fun. But, I got to have resident math major and fellow pizza maker, Jeff, help me study for my math section of the PPST. Oy. Let me tell you, I'm NOT excited about that. The PPST is necessary to get into school, so I can complete my certification program for teaching. I need to pass. I need to complete the math section so I can pass. I don't think I'll be allowed a calculator. I'm slow enough at math basics--I think I'm screwed.

4) Yesterday I got to talk to my friend Ryan W. Ryan and I were REALLY close in college. I was Lil Sexxy and he's Big Sexxy. I helped him thru his traumatic breakup w/ Kaz and he helped me get over Hackett (but, not in a smoochy kinda way, we're always just friends and never went further...anyway). I apparently haven't talked to him for SEVERAL months b/c he didn't know about Justin and he's been dating some chick Rachel since July and I didn't know about her. *sigh*

5) Got sentimental in the shower last night when I brushed my teeth. My toothpaste (left behind by Justin) reminded me of my gramma's house. She had the same type of toothpaste there. Then I started thinking about going up there over the summer and for holidays and how we'll never get to do that again. And how I'm still pissed at crackwhore for stealing my phone b/c I still had gramma's # programmed in there and now I don't have that anymore. Not that the number works or I could call her or anything, but I just couldn't bring myself to delete it. And now I don't have it. And thinking about it makes me want to cry all over again. Called Justin w/ those tears last night and he just listened and let me talk. Man, I love him. I miss my gramma.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes little things make me remember people that are no longer in my life too. It's weird how the brain kicks into high gear at the smallest reminders...

Artistic Soul said...

Hey! Sounds like your weekend was fun. PLEASE go do the measurements like today. We have to order the dresses by Wed. if we want them in time for the wedding!

aliciarose said...

I would never let my mother clean my house. She is a major clean freak. At least she can come over and help you