On Sundays, when Justin was still here...we'd have some sort of fun breakfast food together and watch tv and I'd do laundry (the one domestic "chore" I like) and we'd just kinda lounge around all day.
I don't have that anymore.
Sundays now usually include coming into the office (like today...I have to work quite a bit,b/c I wasn't here enough this week to get my 40 hours in...bleagh) and then I have to work at Papa John's.
It doesn't help my crappy mood that I'm sick. Last night I had a horrible headache (basically felt like a migraine) and a fever. Because I'd taken Ibuprofen, I couldn't take anything stronger for the headache. So, I just laid in bed & shivered & waited for the Ambien to kick in. I think I'm feverish again, but don't have a thermometer here at the office. Not that it'd make a difference. I generally run at a lower body temp anyway, so a fever (one that makes me achy and slow and feels creepy in between my shoulder blades and in my knees) is usually somewhere near 99 degrees. It sucks. I'm really tempted to call in to Papa John's. I'm sure the people ordering pizza would appreciate it. I just bet my boss wouldn't care for that so much though...
Such a dumb mentality we Americans have...work, always work, even when you're sick, you must work. No wonder we're all crabby all the time. :o(
Plus, I hate being along when I'm sick. I like to be babied. I want to stay in bed or on the couch and have someone bring me water or my medicine and rub my back or brush my hair off my forehead. Bah...stupid Arizona.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, we do have an odd sense of work. It's a little much at times. I feel like I want to quit at least once a week because I am working too much. I need like three days just to sleep.
I am sorry you are feeling yucky! Yeah, how come most european countries take a two hour lunch break and have like 40 days of vacation time per year on average? Work aholics we are and for what? Don't even get me started!!!
i know exactly what you mean. Though I usually work through illness, what I really, really want is to be home, curled up in bed with a someone checking in on me every so often to see if I need anything.
Post a Comment