Hope everyone is having a good day. So far, I am. The main, fun, happy thing is that I got flowers at work today. Yup, Justin ordered a huge thing of pink and white carnations to be delivered to me. [well, actually, it got here yesterday, but I'd taken the day off & wasn't here to get it...making all my co-workers that much more curious & jealous. tee hee!] He said he picked the arrangement off the internet. I tried to go to their site to find the specific one, but couldn't...it says "shop closed". Apparently the day wore them out!
I know most people get red roses for Valentine's Day, but I'm ok with the fact that I have carnations. I LOVE carnations. My dad used to bring them home for mom & I when he'd come back from one of his Naval Reserve trips. I love their spicy scent. And, I checked online for the meaning of the carnation as a floral gift, see?
Also fun about today was that we had a potluck at work. I made my 4-H prize winning raspberry bread and my mom's famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Yum! We also had sloppy joes, cheesy potatoes, fresh fruit, chicken salad & bunches more desserts. Totally fab.
Oh! I just realized that I have to call all of my elementary schools before it gets too late in the day! Hope you're all enjoying your day, no matter what you're doing.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
the flowers are supper sweet. see, i never knew that about carnations.
i'm craving sloppy joe's for dinner now...
Post a Comment