So...we had our first "all staff" meeting last night. Well, technically, the 1st one in a couple of months. We've hired new people and we all have crazy schedules & w/ the holidays, I don't think we've had a staff meeting since November. Anyway...
Our Office Manager has decided we're going to do this "10 day Bucket Challenge". For the next ten days we get to think of compliments and warm fuzzies for our co-workers. It's based on this book called How Full is Your Bucket? in which you get to compare yourself to a bucket and the fullness corresponds to how happy you are and what a good work environment you have. (JennJr, I'm guessing your work bucket is completely empty, b/c they sound like big jerks!)
To get to the point of my subject for today's post. As we're sitting talking/joking about the buckets and the drops we're going to put in each other's buckets (we have papers shaped like water drops to write the fuzzies on and give them to our co-workers), my VERY favorite person said that this would be a good thing for me. As in apparently I truly am a bitch who needs to work on being nice. Just because I don't happen to like YOU and am not good at disguising it...(he always manages to try to talk to me when I'm in my worst mood, which compounds it!). Furthermore, this morning, he came up to me & said that I look good in red & yesterday what he meant is that you should say things when you mean them and be sincere, etc.
I know that (as I'm reading this over) this all seems kinda silly/petty and not worth stewing about, but in my defense, one of my other co-workers gave him this LOOK last night after he said that & was thinking "oh no he didn't!". And, during our monthly activity for volunteers, etc, he pretty much told our boss that I'm mean and I didn't like him. (CHILDISH! He sounded like a pouty 4th grader!)
Whatever, I've already thought what I'm going to write for his drop. And, yes, it's nice and yes I mean it. It's just kinda vague and non-committal.
I gotta go...I gotta cut my drops out from their paper and then I'm off to a high school soon to recruit volunteers for our school program (fun).
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I dispise those little "exercises" that managers get in their heads for their employees. How full is your Bucket? I'd tell them to F#$% it! Sorry, but come on! What a ridiculous waste of time.
I know what you are thinking: "Tell us how you REALLY feel CC!"
Amy, you have to tell us what you are putting in his bucket!!! The suspense is KILLING me!
bucket thingy sounds like a good idea..but it sounds like it could make alot of ppl more upset. if they see other ppls buckets are fuller than others. My managers don't seem to do anything for the moral around my job tho.. they just seem to let it go down the tubes more.
It's almost like the "snap cup" from Legally Blonde, lol.
It's bad enough we have to work everyday, but to think of nice things to say to fellow co-workers, shesh, good luck!!
Post a Comment