Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Weekend events

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what's going on inside my brain, that I forget about stuff that happens IRL. Duh.

So, I went to the HC alumni thingie (w/ my friend & co-worker Abby) Saturday night. Had gone b/c wanted to go, but also hoping to perhaps hook Abby up w/ a fellow HC alum, Mishnik (not his real name, exactly). But, he wasn't there. However, I did get to talk a chick I'd did work study w/ who clued me in to what her lil group of friends is doing. Most of them are married, one even has 2 kids, stays home and is so domestic as to grind her own wheat to make bread! (wow)

The other key person who was there was my former crazy-for-you crush, Mr. Kyle Yost. Yup, in all his 6 foot 5 glory. However, he didn't seem as tall as I thought he was. ALSO, he didn't seem as cute as I remembered him being (which made me chuckle at myself). The last time I saw him was at a similar alumni function a weekend or 2 after we'd made out that one time. Well, I'd just seen my already sorta, soon-to-be-ex, Tony, earlier that day & I had 3 drinks in quick succession. Basically I pulled a drunken, freak-out, "why haven't you called me?!" on Kyle. When I talked to him THIS Saturday...we were talking about movies & he said he hadn't been to see one since he last had a girlfriend, which was 7 years ago (do NOT think that means he's not getting any play, far from it, I'm sure). I told him he needed a woman, so he could go to the movies, to which he said, he's kinda scared of them (and Abby said he gave me this look).

WHOOPS! My bad. I had to laugh though...

We were talking about movies w/ Kyle b/c Saturday night after the HC thing, I went to see Underworld: Evolution w/ Tony. Yup, Tony, as in my ex. Now, before you all do the gaping mouth WHAT?! thing, let me tell you a few things 1) I don't really do the whole movies by myself scene. 2) I especially didn't think that movie was one I wanted to see alone 3) Tony & I are back on friendly terms and have hung out or talked every once in awhile since the spring. (Obviously, not while Justin was still living here...I spent the majority of my time w/ him) and 4) yes, it did feel kinda awkward. I really wish that it was Justin I was watching the movie with that night (especially since the last 2 movies we went to together were musicals & he was less than thrilled) Anyway...it's one thing to kinda chat on the phone w/ Tony, it's another to go out & do something social, just the 2 of us. He said we should do it again some time. I'm not so sure about that...I felt weird.

Oh & the movie...good, but WAY gorier & bloodier than the 1st. I've always liked stories & books about witches & vampires & stuff & so that's why I wanted to see it (and I think Kate Beckinsale's Blue eyes in it are amazing...SO jealous!). So, I went. Ta.da.

3 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Well, as long as you don't start going out for dates with H, we'll all be happy.

C.C. said...

I love Vampire movies too, but I had a hard time with the gore of the first Underworld. DO Kate's eyes change in the film or did they color her eyes Blue for the entire thing. I think her eyes are actually brown in real life. She is georgeous. One of the prettiest actresses out there I think. :)

Unknown said...

isn't this always the case? i remember the last time I saw one of my crushes. not exactly as hot as i remembered him....though this has been known to backfire on me...sometimes they look "better"....oh hell. i'll go back to thinking about scott speedman.....*drool*