Monday, January 30, 2006

Michael Buble

If ever I were to have an illicit affair w/ a Canuck, he'd be it. His voice is like silk, or a really smooth chocolatey drink...like a fabulous mocha. Warm and yummy.

He is coming to perform here in the spring. Ticketmaster's prices for tix were between $50 & $70. I just checked this other website for a ticketbroker called TicketExpress. THEIR tix are anywhere from $135 to $295. Can we say PRICE GOUGING?! My mom and I are incredulous. And, since neither of us tried to buy tickets the day they went on sale (who knew other people in our little town liked him too?), now our only hope is to win them from one of the local radio stations. *sigh*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes. The local boy. I went to his sister's wedding a few years back. He did a little impromptu performance at the reception. At that point, he was rather a large local celebrity but widely unknown anywhere else....It's nice to see that he's a celebrity everywhere now.

Good luck with the ticket winning!

C.C. said...

I hope you can score those tics! I am torn between he and the lesser known Peter Cincotti. I saw Peter in my area in a free concert before he started to get noticed by the powers that be. He is really good. Buble has gotten a lot of press tho in the past year. I remember seeign him onthe CBS Saturday Early show as they spotlighted him as the new up and coming talent about two years ago (I think.