While trolling my old tBlog blog today (to play the meme below) I came across this poem I wrote. Thought I'd post it again (since getting archives from here is WAY easier than from stupid f'ng tBlog). Let me know whatcha think...
Struggling to Break Free
Quietly, I slipped out of bed
careful not to disturb him
He always was a light sleeper
a light thinker, a light feeler
the depths of my emotions too much
for him sometimes
and, for me
and yet while I burned and ached for him
inside and out
he claimed to be unsure of my love
try as I may, I never could convince him
and now, looking back at it all
I shouldn't have to convince him, should I?
it just seems silly or off or something
can't he just feel what I feel?
apparently not
after all, he did tell me"I'm not a mind reader, dear"
So, I'd pace around his house
wondering what to do
with myself
with him
with us
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment