Monday, December 19, 2005

Is it Thursday yet?

I took Thursday & Friday off for Christmas this year, so I only have to work today thru Wednesday. And, I'm not really doing any work right now. Anyway...

Currently I'm grossed out by this stuff on my lip. I developed a cold sore (stress sucks I tell you!) & so b/c I hate them so much (I only started getting them last year...bugger) I'm a compulsive cold sore treatment applier & purchaser. I hit Walgreens today & got the new cold sore product by Aveeno. Supposed to be all natural. Way cheaper than Abreva, at least. However, it's this reddish-brown gloopy stuff & it just STINKS. GAH! If it'll work, than I'll stop bitching, but so far...can't really tell. *sigh* I just want it to be gone by the time Christmas Eve rolls around & my Mom will want to take pictures.

As part of my Christmas experience this year, I decided to bake cookies for both my places of employment. My "real" job coworkers got fancy paper plates of cookies. My PJ's place got a big containter to grab one when they had a chance. I realized yesterday that in doing so, I made SIX batches of cookies in ONE WEEK. I'm officially insane. I STILL have to make cookies so my dad can have them as part of his present. AND I still have to make a fleece-tie blanket for my brother & make some sort of jewelry thing for my mom. I highly doubt my apartment is getting cleaned this week, even w/ my days off. After making all that, I still have to WRAP everything.

I also still have to pack for my trip (#2) to Arizona. :oD

But, for now, I should try to call school kids: OPS is already out for break this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lipactin is also pretty good for cold sores. It's like this little tube of clear gel stuff.

C.C. said...

UNfortunately i have no advice for cold sores, I get canker sores when I am stressed and those are inside the mouth. Sorry! I hope it goes away quick! That stuff sucks.

I am off Thursday and Friday too! So excited for a long weekend over Christmas! Sounds like you have been a busy elf! Baking tons o' Cookies, making presents etc! You go Girl!!! I still have more shopping to do!! AARRGGHH!! Hping to get that done tonight!

You must be so excited to go to AZ again!!! YOu are going to have a great Holiday!!!;)

aliciarose said...

I love aveeno products. They apparently came out with chap-stick that I am dying to buy. I am the same way with chap stick that you are with cold sore meds. I think I have 20 different flavors.