It's been forever since I've been on here. I really meant to update on Friday, the 23rd, but when I went into work (even though it was my day off...I still had stuff to do), I think I caught my computer there, a virus. Which SUCKS. It started turning off randomly, ever few minutes. Yeah, apparently there's some worm out there, which you can get just by going on the internet. I was NOT excited. AND, seeing as how our computer guy at work, is also my PD's hubby & they're going out of state for the holidaze till sometime the 2nd week of January, I think I'm hosed. Can't do much w/ a computer that won't stay on. The 2nd time it turned itself back on (it kept re-starting) it said the hard drive was unavailable. SHIT!
[tee hee hee...the Peyton Manning MasterCard commercial is on, which ALWAYS makes me giggle]
Currently I have the Alamo Bowl on: home-state Huskers vs. Michigan. I'm about ready to change it however, for fear that my old curse has returned. During my frosh year of college, every game I watched, the Huskers lost. And those were the only games they lost. Right now it's 2nd Q & M: 14, NE: 7. *sigh*
*********
Okay, to the actual point of the post. :o) I've had a pretty good holiday so far. Had to work on Christmas Eve at PJ's & it was dead, dead, dead, but was fun in the fact that we ended up playing this silly role-playing game called Munchkin. It's really silly. Even if you're fairly anti-role-playing (like me) you'll have fun, b/c it's just so ridiculous (one of the "weapons" cards is "The Knee-pads of Allure")
After I finally got off work, I drove home to my folks & ate supper (various red-meat stuff like meat balls & roast beef stuff. I passed on the meatloaf). The, showered, opened presents & then headed to church. I actually got stuff, which I was surprised. Mom found 2 more angel figurines for me (I collect angels playing the flute figures: I have about 30) & Jared got me Clueless the Whatever version and the extended version of the LOTR Fellowship of the Ring (the only one of the series I didn't have).
Christmas Day we just kind of bummed around. Watched White Christmas & just chilled. They all drove me to the airport for my 8pm flight (the last one out of town, no less).
I landed in Phoenix at 9:25 local time. Justin picked me up and we got some Denny's. (man, we were hungry). Drove around for a little bit & looked at Christmas house then drove back to his brother's house. Got home and opened presents. I got him the new Korn cd, Secondhand Lions on DVD, a video game his brother Michael suggested, and a fleece jacket. He got me a new watch (a Seiko w/ a pretty purpley-blue face) and some cute Ruby Red Slippers earrings. His mom got me a cute scarf, a Borders gift card (sweetness!) and a cute reindeer necklace (which she made). Michael and Jennifer got me a Bath & Body gift set. I wasn't expecting presents from them. Whoa. Gotta find the thank-you notes when I get back.
Monday we drove up to this place called Canyon Lake. I guess Justin's mom & stepdad were looking at that for some reason. It's really pretty. But, the roads around it are kinda carved into the mountains around it. Which made me a bit nervous while riding along. However, Justin's a pretty damn good driver, so I wasn't too bad. Normally any sort of mountain road traveling makes me REALLY freaked out (our family trip to South Dakota & the badlands I road in the back seat on the floor, so I couldn't see where we're going). It was a 6+ hour trip, so we got home & crashed.
Yesterday we didn't do too much. Ended up going out to eat a microbrew, Rockbottom, and then going to see the Producers at the movies. It was Justin's suggestion, but he didn't know it was a musical, just that it was a Mel Brooks film. And a long one at that. I liked it, but it's hard for me to truly enjoy a movie if I can tell the person next to me is not. Oh well.
Today was pretty lazy. Justin had to go back to work tonight. That's where he is now. And, I'm chilling on the couch, flipping back & forth between various shows and the Alamo Bowl.
For weeks I've been saying that I'm longing for a day just to myself to just loll around and do nothing but watch tv. And, now that I have it, I'm bored. Sigh.
I really don't want to go home tomorrow. *sniffle*
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a nice Christmas! and a busy one! That roll playing game thing sounded hysterical! I'm not into those either but one that has "the kneepads of Allure" has got to be a riot. I am sorry about your computer! That stinks! Yeah I have had 4 days of solitude (well evenings) at my place this week and I am just starting to think I want some company. Luckily a friend of mine is having a party tonight, so I will go to that for a few hours! Have a safe trip back!!
"pfygsslg"
Sounds like Arizona's been fun!! How about them Huskers?!?! I should post about that today...will have to interrupt my regularly scheduled blogging...
Glad you had a good xmas. I have all the lotr extended dvds myself. I got the sims2, that game is hilarious. I'm playing away then i thought I heard a fart. i find the sim and find a foul green gas floating from the ass of the sim. I cracked up even harder when the sim was waving thier hand in front of their face repulsed by the smell... lol... i see myself losing alot of hours playing that game.
Post a Comment