Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nothing really

Just trying to waste time. I need these parents to call me back (as part of my job). NOT fun.
I'd say about 80% of my job is phone-related. Trying to call people to set up matches for intial meetings. Trying to call counselors & school officials to see about problems, scheduling, interviews for students, etc. Trying to call kids after they've been matched to see how things are going. Trying to call people who've been listed as character references for new volunteers. ARGH! Sometimes I'm SO sick of the phone. My 2nd biggest pet peeve (after stupid slow drivers) is people who can't seem to stick with one phone number for any length of time. I realize that economics may play a part in this, but jeez! if you're changing your cell phone or your home phone every 2 months (or even less time between than that) then you got some SERIOUS issues you need to be dealing with. It's call money management people! And they wonder why their kids have trouble in school when there's no effing stability, whatsoever, at home.
DOUBLE ARGH!!!
Ok, now that I've got that out...

1 comment:

C.C. said...

Amen to that! It's amazing some people actually exist on a daily basis let alone bring up children!! I am going to be getting out some annoyances of my own this afternoon on my blog. Hope on over and enjoy the misery!