As many of you know, I'm going to hop on a plane on Sunday morning & fly away from here, to the sunny & warm lands of Arizona. Home of cacti, deserts and other stuff. (which I'm not overly familiar w/, yet).
The only crappy part of my trip is that Justin will have to work most every day, if not every day that I'm there. (excluding Sunday, b/c it's a weekend day). SO...during the day I have to find stuff to entertain myself with.
I looked online at the Chandler city page. Their "to do" calendar for next week was pretty bare. So, on Sunday I emailed their website person (actually, I sent an email via their "contact us" thing) asking about stuff to do, explaining I was coming to visit & was considering moving there later on. On MONDAY, I got an email back. The person pointed me in the direction of the state's largest newspaper, the Arizona Republic, which has a huge online site and a very comprehensive listing of stuff going on. Too comprehensive. After looking a bit Monday & yesterday, I emailed the staff & said, hey I'm coming to visit & your site is HUGE, what would you recommend I do w/ myself during the day. So, they emailed back early yesterday with a few links of shopping, museums, etc.
The point being is that these people are probably fairly busy. Yet, they took the time to email me back in a VERY prompt manner. Which, is very cool.
Now, if only I could figure stuff out, soon, to do. And...if only I had money. The real big "if only"
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, you did your homework and how nice of them was it to email you back so promtly? Arizona keeps sounding better and better huh? I hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!:)
Post a Comment