Monday, November 28, 2005

Arizona Pictures

Well, as promised, here are some pictures from my trip in Arizona for Thanksgiving 2005. As far as the feel of the place, it in many ways, seems similar to the Big O. They drive a little crazier, but they all seem nice & it has a lot of the same stores & fast food chains, etc. The houses look VERY different. All squished together really close & all one variation or another of stucco. Houses here are lots of colors, brick, wood, siding, etc. Kinda goes along with the foliage too. However, Arizona has lots of trees & flowers growing everywhere, which was pretty. I however, was a dolt & didn't take pictures of that.

This is the scenery out the window that Justin sees every day on his commute to work. He's currently living in Maricopa, but works in Chandler. Maricopa is about 20-30 minutes southeast of Chandler/Phoenix, etc.
The infamous stucco houses & the mountains far in the distance behind them. I took this from the car while driving around with Kittie's friend, Selina. Justin & I actually saw a stucco house w/ shingles in Chandler. It was WEIRD.

Phoenix and all the area around it (suburbs, etc) has lots of small & medium size mountains and hills around it. Apparently the one near ASU is called "A Mountain". Nothing like the Colorado rockies, but still pretty cool. Very red, dry looking rock.

This is some kind of strange plant thingie. I think it kinda looks like aloe. It was near the Phoenix Botanical Gardens.


That's a big cactus, close-up. (obviously). I think it was a few feet taller than me. Also near the Botanical Gardens. We didn't go in b/c it was $10 admission for adults.

Well, what did you think? Do you want to come visit me in Arizona, when/if I move? :0)

4 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

I'll visit of course! It's so far though... :o(

C.C. said...

Arizona, I bet it was nice there...warmer than my place!! we got 6 inches of snow and it was 10 degrees here over Thanksgiving! Desert landscapes are so pretty:) Great pics!

"rppplguy"
tee-hee another good one!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Lookes a little dry for my liking but warm (which I'm really missing right now!)

aliciarose said...

the catus pics are very cool. :)