It's more than a little exhausting, helping the man you love pack up his house. Knowing that he's, in a sense, leaving you.
That's what I've been doing this weekend. And, in my stressed out tired state, I'm now sick. I either have a cold or a sinus infection. I can't tell yet. I'm so plugged up in my head...that makes me think sinus infection. However, anything I can get to blow out is clear. Ew. Sorry for the details there.
In a few days I'll be crying so much that my head will plug even further. Or, it will open up like a snot spigot. Yuck.
Today Dad is helping Justin put up a fence in his backyard. I love my dad. That he's willing to help. Even if he's feeling old & tired & his shoulder & arm are hurting. I love the fact that he & Justin get along. Seeing them, sometimes, especially today, they are kinda similar. It would make sense that I would really & truly fall for someone who is like my dad. And that's ok. For all his rough spots (both personality & thru-out life) he's a very good man.
Can you tell I'm a little introspective today? Since I know nothing about fences, I've been spending the day inside packing up clothes & other stuff. I packed up kitchen stuff yesterday. Packing I can do. Home improvement, not so much. NOT that I don't want to learn. But, now is NOT the time. The point being, I've had a lot of time to think, to myself, while inside alone. Plus, it's pretty cold outside (50s) & gloomy & that would only make me sicker (dumb stuffy nose). So, I pack. And, I fought the urge to get rid of some truly hideous shirts in Justin's wardrobe. I figure we'll tackle that issue later on...but let me just say...*shudder* they ain't pretty.
I'm half-way wondering how my fantasy football teams are doing, but at the same time I don't really care. I'm so tired & kinda achy. I took a nap for about an hour or so. That helped, but I still feel like I could sleep s'more. However, I have to work at PJ's at 5. NOT excited about being sick & going to make people's food. I think I'm turning into more of a germaphobe the older I get.
Right now, Justin's taking stuff back to Menards with his friend Doug. Dad's been in the back, shoveling dirt back in around the main posts of the fence. Brock just showed back up w/ his tool box. Saturday Doug & then Justin's other friends Ramon, Miguel & Joe helped put in the posts. This has been a real team effort. And I KNOW that Justin really appreciates this.
I just wish he wasn't leaving.
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww babe! Hope you are doing okay. Give me a call if you need to talk.
Post a Comment