Monday, October 10, 2005

'Round here

...we all look the same. Round here we talk just like lions. But we sacrifice like lambs. Round here she's slipping through my hands.

The words of the Counting Crows greet you this morning from my blog. It's on the radio right now. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs. It almost always makes me a little melancholy though.

I have a feeling I'm going to be more than a little melancholy all day today. Now, in a twist of fate, Justin isn't gone yet. No, due to 1) home improvement projects (a new wooden fence, painting, a new bannister, etc) 2) a drunken incident & 3) lack of packing he now thinks he won't be able to get going till Tuesday. Which is nice, b/c I get to keep him here for a bit longer. But at the same time, it's kinda making it harder. I was always one of those kids who'd rip their Band-Aids off really fast because I wanted to get the pain over & done with.

Yeah, the home improvement stuff's been kinda nuts. He had a lot of friends helping out which is cool. And, as you all know, I helped pack. So...I guess my dad's going back over there today to help s'more. Which is cool. VERY cool.

As far as the drunken incident-- it's NOT what you think. Some dude was D-R-U-N-K drunk on Saturday night & came careening around the corner near Justin's & smashed his little truck into the trailer which Justin was planning to tow his Sonoma on. The smashing pushed the trailer into the Sonoma (neither were attached to each other or to the moving truck at the time). Caused bumper damage to the Sonoma, hurt the trailer a bit & really screwed up the drunk guy's truck. Worse part is, Justin knows him & the guy ended up getting belligerent and was so drunk he couldn't even stand up. So, Justin called the cops & they hauled him off to jail. *sigh* Nobody got any packing done Saturday night after that.

Justin says shitty things always happen to him when he moves. Is it possible that someone could have selective bad karma? Like, bad moving karma? Just a question.

Hope you're all doing well out there in the world, on this Columbus Day Monday. Tootaloo.

No comments: