This is what's happening at our office this weekend. We (kinda) got some kinda pro-bono redecorating thing or consultant or something to come in & suggest paint & what-not. So, we're redoing things & currently the paint fumes are THICK. Katrina & I get to paint our one wall PURPLE on Sunday. Each room in the building is getting a makeover, w/ one wall in each room being painted a bright color & the rest neutral (like taupe or something. However, our basement entry-way is being re-done in RED. It's sassy. I kinda like it.
The plan w/ the remodeling is that we're going to be giving tours of our office/agency to potential donors. They see behind the scenes, what we do, who we help, how we do it, etc, then hopefully they'll feel "connected" to us & be more apt to donate. That's the goal anyway. So, w/ the bright colors we're trying to make things more kid friendly (since we're an agency that focuses on kids). I think it will make things look really neat. I'm excited to paint too (even though I'ev never done much of it before)
Other than painting on Sunday, my weekend plans aren't too exciting. But, that's ok. I'd really just like a weekend where I had one day to just sit around all day in my pj's. But, I'd have to be really sick to get away w/ that. I'm hoping to go out to my parents house tonight (to mooch w/d usage & hang out w/ my bro). Then, I work both Sat & Sun evenings at PJ's. Again. Bleagh.
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh god. I don't envy you. I HATE painting (I've had a number of BAD experiences). On the other hand, have good fun and a great weekend! :)
Have fun painting -- it kind of sucks, but I guess if it's just one wall it might be fun...
Post a Comment