Thursday, October 20, 2005

FIVE Quirky Idiosyncracies

My good blogger buddy, JennJr (who's trying really hard to teach me what little html code she knows!), did this meme the other day. We both LOVE meme's & DMB & a bunch of other stuff. But, our quirks are all our own. Here are just some of mine:

The point of the meme/post: write down five idiosyncracies you have & explain them

1) I talk to everything: other drivers, the radio & the djs, characters on tv, my books, etc.
I'm not sure why I do this or how it started. I just know that sometimes it's out of control. I get pissed off at the djs or feel they deserve mocking when they f'up. I guess my time in radio makes me feel I have the right to mock. The other stuff, who knows? I guess I just get wrapped up in the story...except for the the other drivers bit. I constantly yell at dumb drivers in this town. Oy. Oh & I talk during the movies, which is something I'm trying to curb b/c it really annoys Justin (& probably other moviegoers too)

2) I'm selectively anal. Yes, this does need explanation. It's gotten better as I've gotten older, but still: I have to have my crayons in color/rainbow order in my color box. I put my cups in rainbow order in the cupboard. I used just ONE highlighter (blue) for my History & Literature of Music book in college. I have to have my cds organized alphabetically. I used to organize my closet by type of clothes & color.

3) I HATE silence. It seriously freaks me out. At home w/ my parents I would imagine I'd heard things or actually heard things & think that someone had broken into the house downstairs. I have to have music on during the day or at night when I'm still up. When I go to sleep I need to have the fan on. That's probably partly a why to #1.

4) I LOVE the shows on the WB. More than the normal person I think. I plan to own all seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD. I have all 4 seasons of Felicity. I'll eventually own all of Dawson's Creek. I thought about One Tree Hill. AND...along with that. I can only buy the dvd's in order. So, I didn't buy GG#4 the other day, b/c I don't own GG#3 yet.

5) I'm weird about food. When I was younger I didn't like my food to touch each other on the plate. Sometimes I still don't. I don't want any onions in my food if I can help it (I can ALWAYS taste them, even the onion flakes). I don't think certain foods should be put together (like fish w/ mexican: weird. Or anchovies on pizza: gross!) I also am really paranoid about stuff related to food: I'll throw anything out if it's the day of the expiration date. I hate the smell of milk anyway so I can never tell if milk is bad. "When it doubt, throw it out". I hate getting crumbs in my butter, or peanut butter or jams, etc. I'm just really picky & sometimes I'm really weird about that.

So, that's me. Play along if you like. Let me know if you think I'm wacko, or even just kinda funny. I know there are others out there who have idiosyncracies, even if they're not mine.

2 comments:

Amy said...

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! That's so gross! Justin just made me clean his fridge out the other day. Condiments from 2003. SCARY!

C.C. said...

Hmmmm...I really liked this post. I may do this as well. I talk to the characters on tv as well. I can't help it!