Let me begin w/ this disclaimer if you will: I like my current living situation. Apart from the bugs (I have a basement apartment) my digs are decent sized, have good working a/c & 2 big closests.
Anyway...our complex is small: 48 apts. I live in 44. My landlord/on-site managers (well, I guess not landlords, really, but anyway) live up the stairs & across the hall. There are 2 apts on each floor (small hallways). I get home from PJ's Sunday night (an hour late mind you, we were CRAZY busy). I was all sad & depressed b/c I miss Justin & had just got off the phone w/ him & was feeling crappy b/c I felt like I was having a harder time dealing w/ our separation than him (he's just dealing w/ it differently). So...I was walking up the sidewalk & Greg, the manager's fiance (he's also a maintenance guy for the complex) was out on their balcony, drinking, w/ 2 guys. Very obviously drunk or close to. So, they invite me up for a beer. I go & Amy & Greg are fine, but their guests are beyond bombed. It was kinda funny. Amy was all worried she was going to get fired b/c the other 3 were being REALLY loud. I had a beer & then went downstairs to my place when Kittie called. I was really kinda amused at the whole situation: drinking w/the apt manager? How often does that happen? Really?
That would have never happened in my old place. The complex was huge & I didn't know anyone else (besides my roommate) in the building & that was fine. They all seemed kinda scary/white-trash. The one perk was being able to do laundry at all hours of the night. Currently I can't do laundry past 10pm. *sigh* However, I don't have scary neighbors. I don't have loud neighbors (not so much that I'd complain at least).
Since Justin's left though, I'm trying to re-adjust to spending time by myself. One of my things is to go wander around stores (not necessarily buying anything, just avoiding going home) till about 9 or so. Last night it was Borders. I did that when I lived w/ Melissa. Living with her was like living by myself. She was hardly ever there the last few months (she slept at her parents a lot). When she WAS there, she went to bed many times before 10pm. (which seems unGODly early) I didn't really like having to worry about having the tv quiet. Now, I can have it as loud as I want & walk around in my undies if I feel like it. I can also have the apt as cold or as warm as i feel. AND, I can open the windows. W/ Melissa we couldn't do that, b/c her allergies were apparently so bad that having the windows open for fresh air was the equivalent of making people inhale ragweed directly. Don't get me wrong, I like Melissa. I just don't think we made good roommates. Oh well.
Speaking of laundry, I think I'm going to spend Friday night at my parents house, so I can do laundry there this weekend. And, it'd be nice to hang out w/ my brother a bit too.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have to admit that Dan and I have a not so common relationship in that we spend lots of time doing our own thing. I often have the house to myself and vice versa. I quite like it but to be honest, I've never been *completely* on my own. I think it would be really hard for me...
Post a Comment