Friday, October 14, 2005

Feeling

There's a line/part in Harry Potter #5 The Order of the Phoenix that I just love. Hermione is explaining to Harry & Ron about how Harry's "love interest" Cho, is feeling. Sad, conflicted/confused, happy, guilty are just a few of the emotions she's dealing with while trying to reconcile liking Harry when her ex-boyfriend, Cedric is dead. Ron is incredulous when he hears all those emotions & says something to the equivalent of "it's not possible to feel all that, a person would explode!" To which Hermione replies, "just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, Ron". I LOVE it. It always makes me chuckle. A chuckle in Harry Potter books is all the more important I feel, as the series is getting a bit more serious & a bit darker w/ each subsequent book.

I bring up the HP reference, b/c I'm feeling a TON of emotions lately, with Justin being gone. He called me this morning--he's arrived at his brother's. So, it's official: he's there & I'm here. I never have felt more separated from someone, than I did today while thinking about all this. I find myself looking wistfully southwards & wondering what he's doing. It's so much harder to picture, now that he's in a place I've never seen before. I had an insane urge while sitting at a stoplight on 90th & Dodge, to flip the car around & head southwest...to drive down to AZ to see him. (I did say it was insane).

I just miss him.

JennJr is trying to help me install a link on my blog (somewhere on the right hand side of the page, when I get it figured out) that will count down the days till I fly away to AZ. Now, hopefully Justin will get my ticket purchased soon.

In the meantime: the following songs I submit for your listening consideration (curently playing on a radio station near you). They make me think of Justin & I.
1) Feelin You: Santana featuring Michelle Branch
2) Good Place to Start: Sarah Evans
3) Better Days: Goo Goo Dolls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only girls can feel all those feelings at once. That's what makes us amazing creatures :)

I'm counting down to HP 4 the movie, Nov 18th. Can't wait!!