Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Distraught

I am currently a blubbering idiot. "Why?" you ask?

BECAUSE GILMORE GIRLS IS OVER!!!!

Yes, I'm one of those poor dumb schmucks that gets ridiculously attached to TV shows. Hell, I get ridiculously attached to a LOT of things. But, for some reason, certain television shows just grab me. And, since graduating from college (which, in itself was an emotional minefield), 3 shows that had a huge impact on me have ended. At the end of each one of them, I've bawled like a baby. I feel as if I've lost a member of my family. And, given my current emotional state, the end of Gilmore Girls feels that much more catastrophic.

It's such a wonderfully written show. I do understand the fast-paced dialogue would be difficult to keep up (which, btw, is what it sounds like sometimes in my head--well, maybe more monologuey, but still), but I just am not ready for the show to be over. Not at all.

GAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

So, about half-way thru watching tonight's show on DVR, I started crying. And I haven't stopped. I cried through the entire last half of the show.

I'm not a person that handles change well. I'm not a person that handles the ENDING of things well. This is probably why I'm hardly ever the break-up-er--I don't want to cause an ending. I HATE endings. Especially when it comes to things I'm emotionally invested in. I know that I'm not alone in those notions, but I'm not sure there are other people that get this whacked out by a darn TV show ending. I know part of it is that I measure my life by these shows. Ex: Felicity was college--the epitome of it & I even watched in, during college, with my friends. When that ended it was like the sadness of leaving all of my friends, all over again. Same with Dawson's Creek. Gilmore Girls has been there since I began life after college and now that I'm transitioning into a new career & making that change--it's over too.

Now what am I going to do?!?!?!?!

Ok, I'm going to go cry s'more now--while I pack for my trip to Htown. *SNIIIIFF!*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! It's like that for me with reading a book and feeling attached to the main character. You just don't want the book to end. But looking at it from a positive way, endings can be really wonderful and vitalizing, too. The end of student teaching is wonderful, right? I am looking forward to the end of the schoolywar since January ;-) Every ending is the beginning of something new, plus it gives you a break to relax and pamper yourself.

Artistic Soul said...

Totally understand...you know me. That's one of those things we have in common. Sorry I missed your call yesterday - I was teaching summer school. :) Will try to ring you later this week.

Unknown said...

No joke, D and I sobbed like babies in the closing 10 minutes of "Six Feet Under". It was kind of funny crying over a show but it was soooo touching and it was a great show we both loved and, for the most part, in bizarre ways, could associate with.

It'll get better, you'll see!

Anonymous said...

How Freudian. Of course 'schoolywar' should have been 'schoolyear' :---)

C.C. said...

I am right there with ya babe! Buffy and Angel left huge voids for me when they got done. I cried buckets and decided at that point that I was definately messed up.

Especially the long running shows b/c they are a part fo your weekly routine. When Smallville and CSI Las Vegas are done, I will be sad as well.

THANK GOD YOU DO THE SAME! That means we are really OK, we might be dorks but we're OK :)haha