Saturday, December 02, 2006

Girls Night (a post 2 days in the making)

Saturday
Me, friend Katrina, friend Whitney and a bunch of Katrina's friends went out last night for Girls Night. I'm glad I took Whitney along b/c all of Katrina's friends are from high school and so they all spent a lot of time talking about when they were in high school and stuff that they have done during the long years of their friendships. (oy) We drank quite a bit, but I had a weird combo or order of my drinking so that I didn't really feel completely drunken till we were leaving the bar.
I had a beer at dinner, then 3 cap'n'cokes, a blowjob shot (YUM!--my fave), then 2 beers. Double oy.
There were these boys/guys at a table next to us at the bar that I ended up doing some mild flirting with. They were in town from Canada, via Dallas (alberta mostly). They're hockey boys and are on an AHL team that's the MN sub, but it's based in Dallas. They were playing against our town's AHL team & were out drinking the night before their game. They were REALLY concerned with their pinball game they kept playing, but we all noticed them looking at our table periodically (who could blame them--we are HOT!). So, finally we start talking to them & Sarah talks quite a bit to them, b/c she knows lots about hockey. I know nothing, so I was mostly talking to them about city vs. country life, etc.

Besides talking to the boys, we girls did spend a little bit of time talking about Young'En. He and I are going out to a movie tonight--we're going to see The Prestige. Me, in my hungover and extremely tired state. I say hungover b/c I'm headachey and dehydrated. But, I don't feel overly sick in the stomach, just the headachey, mostly. Anyway...
All yesterday I kept thinking the following. I have a date. I have a date. I have a date. I have a date. Can you see that I'm kinda having a difficult time wrapping my head around the concept. I'm both excited and nervous. Though, more so about the fact that it's a date.
I heard nothing but nice things about Young'En last night--like he's the nicest guy and sometimes has been overlooked in the past b/c he's such a nice guy and sometimes can be more like a friend or brother figure to the girls than anything else. And how he he's the type of guy that takes care of people and protects people (given the fact that he was in the army, that protecting thing isn't surprising). And, that he seems like a big scary tough guy, but he's actually quite sensitive (my bro, Jared, is like that--he can be really really sensitive, though I think he's more comfortable in his own skin now. He's done SO much growing up this past year and a half).
Anyway...so, we're going out to a movie and then for food afterward tonight. We're going to go see The Holiday next week. I'm really excited to see that movie. I'm excited to go out tonight. And nervous too. But, more because I haven't been on an actual date for awhile. I'm not nervous, exactly, about going out with Young'En, I don't think...but yet, I am nervous. I don't know what to wear!

(side note: I have to switch purses before tonight b/c EW! it is STINK-EY with smoke from the bar last night)

Sunday
Well, I didn't get to finish my post yesterday b/c I finally had to pay attention in class. My current teaching class is Technology & so we spend almost all day long on the computer. Nice, eh? So, that's why I was writing a post in class.

Last night's date went well. We went to the movie, which he really liked, (I liked it too, but I figured I would) and then to Old Chicago afterward for food, beer and to watch the Big 12 Championship (ouch). We had a few pauses in the conversation, but nothing really awkward. We actually talked for a good chunk of the evening. Then, he took me back to my car (we'd met at the movie theatre b/c it was 1/2way between our dwellings) & then we went home.

And, sorry, no other details as of yet b/c one of his best gal pals is a Blogger blogger and on the off chance she finds my blog (she was out w/ us for girls' night), I don't want to spill too much, ya know? I know there are post protect options with Beta, but I haven't looked into those yet, so...till then...

OH...completely unrelated side note--please pray or send positive thought vibes to my friend Robin and her husband Paul, would you? They are REALLY struggling right now, and have been since Paul came back from Iraq last year. They can use all the happy thoughts you can send ok?

5 comments:

L said...

sounds like you had a successful weekend! glad you had fun.

Artistic Soul said...

Hmmm...sounds like there will be many stories when we catch up next!

C.C. said...

Fun weekend huh? Sounds like you had a blast!

The Prestige was awesome! I recommend reading the book as well. I am in the middle of it right now.


"shfalzo"

Webmiztris said...

awesome. i can't wait to see that movie. I'm in love with jack black!

Unknown said...

I'm sending lots of positive vibes and I know what you mean about liking the Prestige. It's hard not to like Bale and (now) Jackman.

As for the date.....WOOOHOO! YOU GO GIRL! :)